The Student Room Group

Special consideration during exams

I have an ovarian cyst which might cause torsion aka it might explode. What would happen if I my cyst popped during a GCSE Exam apparently it causes a lot of pain and I would be taken to A&E straight away for an operation. What would happen to my exam???
Reply 1
Original post by Nour2918
I have an ovarian cyst which might cause torsion aka it might explode. What would happen if I my cyst popped during a GCSE Exam apparently it causes a lot of pain and I would be taken to A&E straight away for an operation. What would happen to my exam???

Depending on how far into the exam it was, a variety of things. If it burst 5 minutes in, then they'd offer you a resit, but it wouldn't "count" as a resit for admissions purposes. If I was 5 minutes from the end, then they'd mark your paper, but give you special consideration.

On a medical note, if you have an ovarian cyst why isn't a proactive operation to remove it being done? From what I know, burst cysts can cause you to lose an ovary or for scarring to form. That can have a massive impact on your future fertility. You're clearly young, and it's not acceptable to play Russian roulette with your fertility like that.
Reply 2
I was told that having one ovary didnt effect fertility (Original post by katf)Depending on how far into the exam it was, a variety of things. If it burst 5 minutes in, then they'd offer you a resit, but it wouldn't "count" as a resit for admissions purposes. If I was 5 minutes from the end, then they'd mark your paper, but give you special consideration.

On a medical note, if you have an ovarian cyst why isn't a proactive operation to remove it being done? From what I know, burst cysts can cause you to lose an ovary or for scarring to form. That can have a massive impact on your future fertility. You're clearly young, and it's not acceptable to play Russian roulette with your fertility like that.

Quick Reply

Latest