The Student Room Group

how do i ask her out?

im a 16 year old guy with decent looks and academic, but theres this really nice girl in my class and we always treat each other with respect, but I think ive caught feelings for her and idk if I should tell her to get it out of the way or just keep it to myself.im going to ask her out but idk how. what should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
im a 16 year old guy with decent looks and academic, but theres this really nice girl in my class and we always treat each other with respect, but I think ive caught feelings for her and idk if I should tell her to get it out of the way or just keep it to myself.im going to ask her out but idk how. what should I do?

Edit: How should i ask her?
Reply 2
btw i think she likes me back because her pupils dilate whenever we talk and i catch her stealing glances

just go up to her and actually ask her?
Reply 4
Original post by Rock Fan
just go up to her and actually ask her?

so what would i say? im socially awkward sorry
so what would i say? im socially awkward sorry

Erm something like I like you will you be my girlfriend etc?
Reply 6

isnt that too pushy if im directing her to be my gf?
isnt that too pushy if im directing her to be my gf?

Well how else are you going to ask her out?
Reply 8
Well how else are you going to ask her out?

"hey i was wondering if you were free this week so we could do something together?" is that ok?
"hey i was wondering if you were free this week so we could do something together?" is that ok?

That is always a good start

I wouldn’t ask her to be your girlfriend, as a girl this is way too fast. I would ask her while you’re talking about something then when the conversation is going good say ‘hey do you want to do something sometime like go for food or go to the cinema?’ And hopefully she says yeah

I have social anxiety so can relate to being socially awkward.

You could go with the very forward approach of 'Will you be my girlfriend?'.

However, I would go with the approach of asking her on a date to have coffee or something, I would say something like: 'Hey, I really like you do you want to go on a date, maybe get some coffee?'

Ideally, you want to do this in person but if you're not that confident it might be easier to call her, texting is not advisable.
person defo. If she doesn't like you then maybe she'll cancel the date. Better thank asking her out and getting rejected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending