The Student Room Group

Jamal khashoggi?

did he die? who is behind his disappearance ? do you think he was murdered? Who is behind jamal khashoggi death? your opinion?
I think it is very clear that he was murdered inside that embassy.
Probably on the orders of a senior member of the dynasty that rule his home country who had once considered him a favourite for decades only to suddenly turn against him after he wrote critical articles.
The english language translations of articles allegedly written by the deceased when he was on friendly terms with the rulers of his country are absolutely horrifying propaganda like pieces and were not intended to portray their author in a favourable light to a US/UK/European based audience.
Reply 2
wait lol wth is this thread doing here? lol i was thinking of adding poll (but changed my whole mind) i never thought it will appear without my permission. anyways lol
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
I think it is very clear that he was murdered inside that embassy.
Probably on the orders of a senior member of the dynasty that rule his home country who had once considered him a favourite for decades only to suddenly turn against him after he wrote critical articles.
The english language translations of articles allegedly written by the deceased when he was on friendly terms with the rulers of his country are absolutely horrifying propaganda like pieces and were not intended to portray their author in a favourable light to a US/UK/European based audience.

i do believe he was murdered too especially by mbs but do you think saudi arabia will ever get accountable for what they did?
Original post by Ara2,
i do believe he was murdered too especially by mbs but do you think saudi arabia will ever get accountable for what they did?

I would be extremely surprised if any senior Saudi figures are ever be held fully accountable.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Ara2,

Unlikely... Saudi Arabia is a 'high hanging fruit'. Can be reached, with enough time and effort, but it's probably more bother than it's worth.
Original post by Ara2,

I'm not accusing a specific individual within the ruling dynasty or singling out mbs.
I think its quite likely that a number of elderly powerful members of the dynasty have established a tradition of ordering violent reprisals against former associates/journalists who displease them- going back decades.
As to identifying and punishing all culprits involved in the murder- its about as likely as Russia admitting their role in the litvinenko & novichok poisonings.
SA has its own rulebook, distinctive traditions and system of governance based on ancient tribal & religious customs.
Saudi Arabia's response was a excellent example of how not to do damage limitation.

He left the consulate.
He accidentally died in a fight.
Okay, our operatives did it. But they were rogue. Wait while we execute a few scapegoats to show the world it wasn't us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending