The Student Room Group

5"10 at 17, how much more can I grow?

Hi everyone,

I'm about 5"10.5 tall and I really want to reach 6"0. Not because I care what others think its just a personal goal. I'm 17.5 years old. My mum is 5"6 and my Dad is 6"0. Every male on both sides of my family is 6"0 or over, with the taller ones ranging from 6"2 to 6"4. I take after my uncle who is 6"2, I have exactly the same build as him, we both have one foot bigger than the other on the same side and many other similarities. I am sure that I'm a late bloomer, and my mum reckons that my dad grew a few inches whilst at university (18-20). I also took some medicine for years which can apparently delay the onset of peak growth in puberty which would make sense as I can't recall myself having a growth spurt and neither can anyone else, apparently, some people don't have a growth spurt as such but instead just grow more steadily. I don't want to be the first male on both sides of the family that I'm aware of to not reach 6"0. I still have quite small hands and my feet grew a size recently and I've heard that your hands and feet stop growing first, followed by your arms and legs and then finally your spine, so if my feet haven't stopped growing then I might have a higher chance of more growth. I know a lot of men in my family have grown taller from 18 onwards but theres always the danger of me being the first not to.

Do I still have time left to reach 6"0?

Thanks
I mean, it really depends on your genetics, and what not. You have to go see a doctor so they can analyse how much you have grown to get a more of an accurate result
All my male cousins shot up in uni
Think guys keep growing until 21
5 10 is a really really good height
you have got 5 years of potential growth left .

you will probably reach there or somewhere near there
Original post by flashbashstudy
I mean, it really depends on your genetics, and what not. You have to go see a doctor so they can analyse how much you have grown to get a more of an accurate result

Thanks for the reply, My genetics would suggest I would reach at least 6, I’m just praying 🙏🏻
Original post by study beats
you have got 5 years of potential growth left .

you will probably reach there or somewhere near there

Thanks for the reply, I really hope so.
Original post by Anonymous
All my male cousins shot up in uni
Think guys keep growing until 21
5 10 is a really really good height

Thanks for the reply, I know it’s a good height just hoping for taller.

Quick Reply

Latest