The Student Room Group

I'm 100% ethnic British

Took a DNA ethnicity test. Just got my results. Bit disappointed, I was hoping to a mixture of lots of different things. I'd have been so happy with 1% Jewish. :jebus: But alas, I'm 61% Irish and 39% English. :emo:

Scroll to see replies

nice
Original post by Blue_Cow
nice

Is it?
lol congrats on being really white?
(quite rare - most English people are a mismash of everyone who invaded (germans, french, british)...

Cool nonetheless...
How do you take a DNA test exactly?
Reply 5
Would quite like to do that, but I'd probably get the same as you (except mine would be more English)... how much was it?
so bad. so sad.
Original post by EyestriX
How do you take a DNA test exactly?

I had to spit into a syringe and then send it off. Was easy.

Original post by Rainfall
so bad. so sad.

Original post by Neilos
Would quite like to do that, but I'd probably get the same as you (except mine would be more English)... how much was it?

Umm £70. Total rip off. :lol:
Dunno why you're disappointed lol???

100% Bangladeshi here (technically Indian if you go a few generations back).
Reply 10
Original post by Snufkin
Umm £70. Total rip off. :lol:

Yeah it's a shame that you didn't get a more interesting range of ethnicities after spending £70. I had Italian, Greek and Nigerian DNA which all came as a shock but I'm still not sure it was worth the money!
I love how that map puts Liverpool and Scotland in the same bubble :heart:
Funny all these people going "I wish I was more mixed" be proud that you come from the most important and prestigious country in the world
Sending you my condolences.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Funny all these people going "I wish I was more mixed" be proud that you come from the most important and prestigious country in the world

Ireland? Yeah, it's a cool place.
Original post by AperfectBalance

Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
lol congrats on being really white?
(quite rare - most English people are a mismash of everyone who invaded (germans, french, british)...

Cool nonetheless...

No more a mish mash than the inhabitants of any other nation. I think the Japanese would take massive umbrage at being coined 'a nation of immigrants' - much like most eastern countries. What the liberals here would call zenophobia is just plain everyday government policy in JPN; I don't see why Nick Griffin or that ilk shouldn't get a platform.
does that mean you're pale with bad teeth?
Reply 18
Haha, a big part of my lot are from Fermanagh (also Tyrone) way, too. Don't go there and tell 'em they're British, though #toptip :laugh:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Talpiot8200
I don't see why Nick Griffin or that ilk shouldn't get a platform.

La, he has had plenty of platforms and shown himself up time and time again to be a gozzy-eyed ****ing meff.

Quick Reply

Latest