The Student Room Group

No decent guys near me 😔

Ugh I’m sick of being single, getting played and getting hurt. There are genuinely no decent, kind and considerate guys near me or if there is they are already taken. I’m actually sick of being alone now, why does no guy like me? Or how do I find a decent guy? Xx

Scroll to see replies

You can meet those type of men through online dating(such as plenty of fish, tinder, eharmony etc), speed dating, you could meet also meet men through social clubs, through education, by going to bars, by going out, you can also meet them through your social circle, network etc.
I'm sorry you're feeling so alone. I know that sometimes when you feel this way, it's easy to see the bad parts about being single. As someone who's been with their SO for over 10 years and has 3 kids, I sometimes look back on my singleness and wish I had embraced it more. Yes, being in a relationship was wonderful, but I had so much opportunity and I wasted it try to get to the "next step" in my life. Meeting a partner can be done as 21st Century as over the internet, as 90s as doing to a pub, or "old school" as meeting someone at a church function. Keep your eye out, but don't let it consume you. A SO doesn't complete you, they only make you better. :-)
Original post by Emily.hann.xo
Ugh I’m sick of being single, getting played and getting hurt. There are genuinely no decent, kind and considerate guys near me or if there is they are already taken. I’m actually sick of being alone now, why does no guy like me? Or how do I find a decent guy? Xx

I can tell you exactly why but you won't like to hear it. If you're willing to hear the truth, then listen up.

You are simply going for guys 2-3 points higher/10 than you are. Guys that are "out of your league" as far as a relationship goes. These guys will still go out with a girl to "pump and dump" a few times and get their sexual kick, but have no interest in a long term relationship because they know they can score a better looking girl for that. They just want sex.

Think about it. If they want sex with 2-3 girls then they will have to lower their standards a bit. Meanwhile you will go out with them for a bit, have sex with them, satisfy them and then they will leave you, making you falsely believe this is the level of looks you are on par with in terms of a long term relationship. Guys want ONS and casual sex more than girls, this is why this phenomenon occurs. This is why 20% of the guys get 80% of the girls, until guys get into their 30s and want to settle down. In fact, some guys never want to settle down and so continue this pattern. I have observed this behavior for so long and I see it all the time, every single day.

Conclusion: If you're looking for a long term relationship, you may want to lower your standards. If you are getting with guys that are better looking than you, it is almost always because they just want sex with many girls and so need to lower their standards.
There are women out there who like guys that aren't douchebags?!

This is new to science.
Reply 5
You need to have respect and love for yourself, and also be pickier about the guys you date. Don't let them play you, stand up for yourself.

There are some good, nice guys out there, some who would feel very lucky to you have. Just be patient and don't throw yourself at the first guy who shows you attention. Don't be afraid to make them prove themselves to you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by DavidJES
I can tell you exactly why but you won't like to hear it. If you're willing to hear the truth, then listen up.

You are simply going for guys 2-3 points higher/10 than you are. Guys that are "out of your league" as far as a relationship goes. These guys will still go out with a girl to "pump and dump" a few times and get their sexual kick, but have no interest in a long term relationship because they know they can score a better looking girl for that. They just want sex.

Think about it. If they want sex with 2-3 girls then they will have to lower their standards a bit. Meanwhile you will go out with them for a bit, have sex with them, satisfy them and then they will leave you, making you falsely believe this is the level of looks you are on par with in terms of a long term relationship. Guys want ONS and casual sex more than girls, this is why this phenomenon occurs. This is why 20% of the guys get 80% of the girls, until guys get into their 30s and want to settle down. In fact, some guys never want to settle down and so continue this pattern. I have observed this behavior for so long and I see it all the time, every single day.

Conclusion: If you're looking for a long term relationship, you may want to lower your standards. If you are getting with guys that are better looking than you, it is almost always because they just want sex with many girls and so need to lower their standards.

Nice one for lowering her self-esteem even more, dude...

Your experiences don't reflect mine.
Original post by BVRAAM
Nice one for lowering her self-esteem even more, dude...

Your experiences don't reflect mine.

I am not going to sit here and sugar coat anything or lie to someone. I am telling her the truth that she needs to hear. This is a legitimate problem in society and affects not only girls like the OP, but also decent guys, because the girls start to develop trust issues. If you don't like the truth then too bad, because I am going to say it, as that is the best way forward. Sugar coating will just lead to more disappointment for the OP and have a worse affect long term.

OP, if you don't believe what I am telling you, then carry on as you are. But when the same thing happens every single time just remember my post. The one that was the most insightful, the most honest, and the one that is trying to help you and society as a whole. If not, then carry on reading and believing the boring ones that will tell you the same old rubbish like "you'll eventually meet someone". That information is not helpful.
Reply 8
I am not going to sit here and sugar coat anything or lie to someone. I am telling her the truth that she needs to hear. This is a legitimate problem in society and affects not only girls like the OP, but also decent guys, because the girls start to develop trust issues. If you don't like the truth then too bad, because I am going to say it, as that is the best way forward. Sugar coating will just lead to more disappointment for the OP and have a worse affect long term.

OP, if you don't believe what I am telling you, then carry on as you are. But when the same thing happens every single time just remember my post. The one that was the most insightful, the most honest, and the one that is trying to help you and society as a whole. If not, then carry on reading and believing the boring ones that will tell you the same old rubbish like "you'll eventually meet someone". That information is not helpful.

You're just being an A-hole, and talking complete BS anyway. You sound bitter and projecting your own experiences onto someone else. Sorry you got dumped by so many girls bro, but that's not OP's fault.
Original post by TommyDH
You're just being an A-hole, and talking complete BS anyway. You sound bitter and projecting your own experiences onto someone else. Sorry you got dumped by so many girls bro, but that's not OP's fault.

I find it interesting that so many people take the truth in such a negative way - this is one of the stimulants for lying and sugar coating in society. I, however, will not sit here and lie or sugar coat. The phenomenom I have discussed is a true one and one that is heavily ingrained into society. If you took a moment to comprehend and understand it, and look past your feelings of anger, you may even come to agree with me.

I stand by what I say, I say the truth from what I observe and see. I see things most people don't, and this is why people are sometimes shocked at what I say. But you know what, the truth sometimes hurts. I am not going to sit here and lie just to please people like some of you. I am speaking from an honest place and I stand by it. That's the last thing I am saying on this matter.
I find it interesting that so many people take the truth in such a negative way - this is one of the stimulants for lying and sugar coating in society. I, however, will not sit here and lie or sugar coat. The phenomenom I have discussed is a true one and one that is heavily ingrained into society. If you took a moment to comprehend and understand it, and look past your feelings of anger, you may even come to agree with me.

I stand by what I say, I say the truth from what I observe and see. I see things most people don't, and this is why people are sometimes shocked at what I say. But you know what, the truth sometimes hurts. I am not going to sit here and lie just to please people like some of you. I am speaking from an honest place and I stand by it. That's the last thing I am saying on this matter.

She's just a young girl who needs to find a boy who isn't a complete immature a-hole. That simple.

You don't know what she looks like to make those kind of disgusting judgments. Stop projecting your bitter experiences onto other people.

By the way those women who dumped you who you think was out of your league, maybe if you was a good person and not so nasty they'd have stuck around more huh. One evolutionary trait is women prefer a man who is kind, which clearly isn't you, and explains why they left you. Nothing to do with your looks I assure you.
Original post by Anonymous
There are women out there who like guys that aren't douchebags?!

This is new to science.

The amount of girls Ive been with and they've taken advantage of me because I was nice to them is like 5/5. When I changed my style and started to become more of a douchebag and confident guy; showing no real addiction to the girl, giving a not caring attitude girls were often the ones trying to be with me and it resulted in me getting played a lot less.
Gasps astonishingly, breaks out in cold sweat, adjusts coat H-H-Hello m'lady, what could a fair maiden as beautiful as you be doing on this fine day? I hope the damning heat isn't too harsh on your lovely skin! Tips fedora

If i may so suggest, would you care to join me for a sumptous repast, at my home? Smiles charmingly My personal chef has prepared a lovely meal for two, and i'd rather not let it get to waste now, would we? Winks at the lovely m'lady

I must insist on your attendance, i can't let a day like this go by without knowing the joys of having a dining companion with me, especially when its one as beautiful as you :wink:. Répondez s'il vous plaît, i shall await for you, m'lady, basked in candlelight and infront of a wonderful dinner. tips fedora again, then skates away on limited edition heelys.

Gasps astonishingly, breaks out in cold sweat, adjusts coat H-H-Hello m'lady, what could a fair maiden as beautiful as you be doing on this fine day? I hope the damning heat isn't too harsh on your lovely skin! Tips fedora

If i may so suggest, would you care to join me for a sumptous repast, at my home? Smiles charmingly My personal chef has prepared a lovely meal for two, and i'd rather not let it get to waste now, would we? Winks at the lovely m'lady

I must insist on your attendance, i can't let a day like this go by without knowing the joys of having a dining companion with me, especially when its one as beautiful as you :wink:. Répondez s'il vous plaît, i shall await for you, m'lady, basked in candlelight and infront of a wonderful dinner. tips fedora again, then skates away on limited edition heelys.

xDD

RUN AWAY IT'S A "NICE GUY"
[video]https://youtu.be/lUyYTNXFVE4?list=PLQDcEvx09tHHiA 2nVGgyFq1pmc4jveDbA&t=404[/video]
Original post by Emily.hann.xo

To put it bluntly, men don't like damaged goods. It's bad for the ego. ***** and moan all you like, that's just how guys are wired.

Do all the local boys see you as the town-bike? Wouldn't they rather have an expensive new bike over a cheap second-hand bike on which they're embarrased to be seen in public?

Stop tarting around and then feeling sorry for yourself, it's a bit pathetic. Have some self-respect and take the initiative. There are decent blokes everywhere, you just need to show them your worth and they'll be drawn to you like flies to a cowpat. The more you allow yourself to be mistreated, the more your worth declines. I'm sure you know I'm right, deep down. Best hope you confront that unpleasant truth before it's too late.

You are your own gatekeeper
Original post by PhilanderingBum
To put it bluntly, men don't like damaged goods. It's bad for the ego. ***** and moan all you like, that's just how guys are wired.

Do all the local boys see you as the town-bike? Wouldn't they rather have an expensive new bike over a cheap second-hand bike on which they're embarrased to be seen in public?

Stop tarting around and then feeling sorry for yourself, it's a bit pathetic.

What a horrendous, disgusting way to speak to a young girl. Absolutely nothing in her post suggests any of that.

Oy a broch :facepalm:
Original post by TommyDH
What a horrendous, disgusting way to speak to a young girl. Absolutely nothing in her post suggests any of that.

She lets herself get played and hurt. She's sick of being single but is under the impression that all guys are *******s. I couldn't come up with something more cliched if I tried. I see it all the time.

I'm not going to pretend that what I'm saying is compassionate. But it's the truth. Life is simpler when people tell the truth, wouldn't you agree?
Original post by PhilanderingBum
She lets herself get played and hurt. She's sick of being single but is under the impression that all guys are *******s. I couldn't come up with something more cliched if I tried. I see it all the time.

I'm not going to pretend that what I'm saying is compassionate. But it's the truth. Life is simpler when people tell the truth, wouldn't you agree?

You sound like you know a lot about her. Know her personally do you? What in her post suggests any of that? I'm not seeing anything in her posts that suggests anything you're accusing her off. What a genuinely monstrous thing to say to a young girl who clearly already has esteem issues.

I suspect much of it is projection. Are you one of those "nice guys" who think they get rejected "for being nice" while simultaneously being genuinely horrible people who say horrific things to girls?
Original post by TommyDH
You sound like you know a lot about her. Know her personally do you? What in her post suggests any of that? I'm not seeing anything in her posts that suggests anything you're accusing her off. What a genuinely monstrous thing to say to a young girl who clearly already has esteem issues.

I suspect much of it is projection. Are you one of those "nice guys" who think they get rejected "for being nice" while simultaneously being genuinely horrible people who say horrific things to girls?

Be more specific. Any of what exactly? What am I accusing her of that she hasn't already admitted to in her post? You keep throwing around words like "monstrous" and "horrendous" but they don't actually mean anything.

Lol, as it happens, I have a slightly different problem. Girls most frequently reject me because they see me as a bad-boy who only wants them for sex, even when my intrest in them is genuine and goes beyond the physical (that's probably because of the guys I hang out with tho). But hey, at least you can be sure that when I tell this girl to have some standards, I'm certainly NOT projecting. Being too nice to a girl is a rookie mistake, one I'm glad to say I haven't made since I was 12.

Btw op, one thing those girls all had in common was they had baggage/unresolved-heartbreak. The more baggage you accumulate, the harder it is to trust.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending