The Student Room Group

Query about the admission process of UoM

I applied to the university of Manchester for the course of BSc genetics last year in November. I received a conditional offer too. My offer is based on me achieving a score of atleast 85% overall, with a minimum of 80 in two sciences and 75 in English. I just wanted to ask, that if I put UoM as my firm choice, but score below the expected percentage, is there any chance that I’ll be admitted? (I’m an international student)If anyone knows anything related to this, your help would really mean the world to me, for I’m losing sleep over this.
Original post by Gargi07
I applied to the university of Manchester for the course of BSc genetics last year in November. I received a conditional offer too. My offer is based on me achieving a score of atleast 85% overall, with a minimum of 80 in two sciences and 75 in English. I just wanted to ask, that if I put UoM as my firm choice, but score below the expected percentage, is there any chance that I’ll be admitted? (I’m an international student)If anyone knows anything related to this, your help would really mean the world to me, for I’m losing sleep over this.

There’s a chance but no guarantee.

Ask UoM this directly and see what they say. Some courses will reassure you that they’ll normally take applicants with slightly lower grades
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
There’s a chance but no guarantee.

Ask UoM this directly and see what they say. Some courses will reassure you that they’ll normally take applicants with slightly lower grades

Also, if I don’t get into my firm choice, is there a guarantee that I’ll be accepted by my insurance choice for sure if I have the grades for it??
Original post by Gargi07
Also, if I don’t get into my firm choice, is there a guarantee that I’ll be accepted by my insurance choice for sure if I have the grades for it??

If you miss your firm offer then the choose whether to take you or not. If they reject you then you’re passed to your insurance - if you met your insurance offer then that will be changed to unconditional.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you miss your firm offer then the choose whether to take you or not. If they reject you then you’re passed to your insurance - if you met your insurance offer then that will be changed to unconditional.

Last question i promise 😂
What if I miss the grade for both my firm and insurance? Then is there any option other than clearing?
I mean what if I meet the requirements of the other 3 universities that I applied to (excluding my firm and insurance) Can I apply to those again?
(I’m just really worried that somehow I’ll screw up my exams)
Also thank you very much for the answers! I’m really grateful 🌼
Original post by Gargi07
Last question i promise 😂
What if I miss the grade for both my firm and insurance? Then is there any option other than clearing?
I mean what if I meet the requirements of the other 3 universities that I applied to (excluding my firm and insurance) Can I apply to those again?
(I’m just really worried that somehow I’ll screw up my exams)
Also thank you very much for the answers! I’m really grateful 🌼

If your insurance also isn’t able to accept you with lower grades then you will be in clearing - but it’s a good idea to approach your other 3 choices about clearing places if you meet their offer conditions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending