The Student Room Group

Cambridge Decisions 2019 - info and FAQ

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MediocreSince01
Anyone else keep reliving every stupid thing you did in the interview, what you could've done better? Making me feel so awful at the minute, not going to lie...

same... i basically argued with the interviewer so i think im not getting any offer
My coping mechanism:

-Still feeling like I have to find out everything there is to find out about how we'll recieve our decisions, even though I already know everything
-stressing myself out over the ambiguities of the unknown details eg exact time
-looking up what a Cambridge rejection letter looks like (because I know damn well I will lose my ability to read and will only be able to pick out keywords from the email)
-checking TSR every 2 hours at least for people who relate to me
-envisioning both scenarios and my (and everyone else's) reactions to them
-checking out my 2nd choice again and again
-knowing damn well i have other work to do but I CAN'T CONCENTR A T E
-losing the verbal ability to express how I feel
-counting down the days/hours
Reply 82
Following
Reply 83
the nervousness made me almost vomit:frown:
Reply 84
be positive, maybe they think you are an active thinker:h:
Original post by kylene
same... i basically argued with the interviewer so i think im not getting any offer
Original post by kylene

Unless you were rude, argument can actually be seen as something positive.
Reply 86
Original post by esrever
Unless you were rude, argument can actually be seen as something positive.

i think i came off as being a bit stubborn, because the interviewer (who is not from cambridge, but an alumni who graduated from the university and is responsibile for my scholarship since my scholarship interview and university interview is conducted together) was trying to make me understand a concept that was COMPLETELY OPPOSITE of what i was taught in school
Guys I just woke up this morning. I had a dream that I got rejected and I was so disappointed and upset.
Original post by Maimuna_May
Guys I just woke up this morning. I had a dream that I got rejected and I was so disappointed and upset.

Literally the same hahahahahahahha. I think I will get a rejection anyway so that was kind of a practice...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by legallyblind
My coping mechanism:

-Still feeling like I have to find out everything there is to find out about how we'll recieve our decisions, even though I already know everything
-stressing myself out over the ambiguities of the unknown details eg exact time
-looking up what a Cambridge rejection letter looks like (because I know damn well I will lose my ability to read and will only be able to pick out keywords from the email)
-checking TSR every 2 hours at least for people who relate to me
-envisioning both scenarios and my (and everyone else's) reactions to them
-checking out my 2nd choice again and again
-knowing damn well i have other work to do but I CAN'T CONCENTR A T E
-losing the verbal ability to express how I feel
-counting down the days/hours

HEY HELLO! I was shocked to read this post because I thought I had written it and just forgotten?! I am feeling EXACTLY the same way!
I have four and a half hours of mock exams on the monday, so unfortuantely for me I’ll only get the chance to see my result after I finish those and then make my hour-long journey home. It’s going to ba very difficult day that’s for sure...
Original post by Asianparent
Were you pooled to Selwyn for English?

I haven’t been reinterviewed or anything, I just applied to Selwyn and was wondering about some of the details of the pooling process.
Hi everyone! Not sure if I’ve completely missed this going through the discussion but it’s about the pooling thing. Should we know by this point if we’ve been pooled (like a direct offer as opposed to no interview) or will we find out for the first time on Monday? Sorry if it’s really stupid:colondollar:
Original post by lucyameliaj
Hi everyone! Not sure if I’ve completely missed this going through the discussion but it’s about the pooling thing. Should we know by this point if we’ve been pooled (like a direct offer as opposed to no interview) or will we find out for the first time on Monday? Sorry if it’s really stupid:colondollar:

Never mind, I missed a page...
On the 14th and you don’t need to have been contacted before!
Reply 94
Original post by lucyameliaj

Everyone gets told the outcome on Monday. Unless you were one of the very few with a pool interview.
Original post by Doonesbury
Everyone gets told the outcome on Monday. Unless you were one of the very few with a pool interview.

Thank you!!!
Original post by Oxfordgirl69
I thought you people would know the answer to this question. I know this is a bit early to think about it, but I just got my first set of grades in year 10 - and I think oxford and Cambridge might be for me!!!! I was speaking to my mum about whether I could apply to both, but she said I couldn’t, like wtf - I’m clever enough and my history teacher says I’m in the top 5 in my class. Anyway - we had a BIG argument and I’m currently writing this whilst crying in the public library! I’m so fecking mad I could almost screech, but I won’t because I’m in the library. Could anyone shed some light on this matter?!?!

For Oxbridge you can only apply to one or the other they don't let you apply to both sorry
how do you guys deal with constantly thinking about monday's email with the decision? i know i can't do anything about it, it's completely out of my control, yet it's still stressing me out and making it so hard to concentrate on the work i need to do..
also, good luck everyone, fingers crossed for acceptances
Original post by mariaanne
how do you guys deal with constantly thinking about monday's email with the decision? i know i can't do anything about it, it's completely out of my control, yet it's still stressing me out and making it so hard to concentrate on the work i need to do..
also, good luck everyone, fingers crossed for acceptances

I’m in the lucky position that there isn’t any work that I absolutely have to do, but what sometimes helps me when the overthinking gets a bit out of control is to simply write all of those thoughts down on paper (I wrote 7 pages yesterday lol). Doesn’t always work, but might be worth a try. :smile:
Original post by CompSciCat
I’m in the lucky position that there isn’t any work that I absolutely have to do, but what sometimes helps me when the overthinking gets a bit out of control is to simply write all of those thoughts down on paper (I wrote 7 pages yesterday lol). Doesn’t always work, but might be worth a try. :smile:

Sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a try! thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending