The Student Room Group

Anti-feminist books...Recommendations?

Hi Guys,

I enjoy reading. At the moment I'm sort of going through a phase of anti-feminism books. Are there any books that are good that you guys have read that you would recommend I read in this topic? Recommendations for pro-feminist books are welcome too.
Bible, Quran etc etc...
Original post by Pinkisk
Hi Guys,

I enjoy reading. At the moment I'm sort of going through a phase of anti-feminism books. Are there any books that are good that you guys have read that you would recommend I read in this topic? Recommendations for pro-feminist books are welcome too.

A Clockwork Orange?
Reply 3
The Power of the Positive Woman is one by Phyllis Schlafly. It's a kind of counterpoint to Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique (which is a pretty famous feminist book). I haven't read either but they've been mentioned in part of the civil rights course in my history A-level.
Reply 4
Who Stole Feminism? - Christina Hoff Sommers

Revolt against the modern world - Julius Evola

The shadow University (the betrayal of liberty) - alan charles kors

In defense of global capitalism - Johan Norberg

Crying Wolf (hatecrime hoaxes) - Laird Wilcox

A vindication of the rights of woman - mary wollstonecraft

The culture of critique - kevin macdonald

The abolition of liberty - peter hitchens

the abolition of britain - peter hitchens

Some aren't strictly anti-feminist per say, but since [modern] feminism is synonymous with marxist totalitarianism there's some crossover there.
Reply 5
I have seen some of her videos, Christina Hoff Summers. I've found her interesting enough to do a little background reading on her. I like most of what she says and does but one thing kind of puts me off about her. She's the "feminism used to be OK but now its been hijacked sort", which makes me think she's not well informed in the very toxic history of feminism particularly that of the 60s and 70s, and that puts me off her.

...but having said that...I've never heard of this book of hers. I've looked it up and its available as an ebook. I downloaded a sample and read some of it and I found it quite nice. I've bought a copy and I'm going to get to reading it. Thank you for the recommendation.

Original post by mr poopybutthole
Bible, Quran etc etc...

I don't think I'm equipped with the skills I need to understand either one of these texts when I read them and they're very vast. I know that both Islam and Christianity are anti-feminist with the latter being less so than the former but I've not really come across any texts that specifically address feminism for either one of these faiths. Do you know any?

Original post by CollectiveSoul
A Clockwork Orange?

hmmmm...I'm sorta, kinda looking for non-fiction but ya I don't think A Clockwork Orange is anti-feminist. I think its disagreeable with feminism but its not anti-feminist. It doesn't critique feminism in any way. A Clockwork Orange is actually a lot like movies made by feminists but they replace the women being abused and violated by men with men being abused and violated by women...one recent example being the feminist Misandrists movie.

Original post by Sinnoh
The Power of the Positive Woman is one by Phyllis Schlafly. It's a kind of counterpoint to Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique (which is a pretty famous feminist book). I haven't read either but they've been mentioned in part of the civil rights course in my history A-level.

Try as I might I could not find this as an ebook. If its anything like Betty Friedan's The Feminine Mystique I'm sure it would be a nice read and a great insight into feminism. I would love to read it but no ebook so not practical for my tastes.... Thanks for the recommendation though Sinnoh :smile:

Original post by TommyDH
Who Stole Feminism? - Christina Hoff Sommers

Revolt against the modern world - Julius Evola

The shadow University (the betrayal of liberty) - alan charles kors

In defense of global capitalism - Johan Norberg

Crying Wolf (hatecrime hoaxes) - Laird Wilcox

A vindication of the rights of woman - mary wollstonecraft

The culture of critique - kevin macdonald

The abolition of liberty - peter hitchens

the abolition of britain - peter hitchens

Some aren't strictly anti-feminist per say, but since [modern] feminism is synonymous with marxist totalitarianism there's some crossover there.

Waow thats a very long and diverse list with some very interesting examples. I've not heard of many of these books. I looked up A Vindication of the Rights of Woman and the wikipedia page claims its one of the earliest works of feminist philosophy having been published in the late 1700s. I find it funny how feminism an ideology that first came to existence in the late 1960s lays claim to actions taken by women centuries before it ever came to be.

I'm going to look into these books. Thanks for the recommendations Tommy. :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Pinkisk

Waow thats a very long and diverse list with some very interesting examples. I've not heard of many of these books. I looked up A Vindication of the Rights of Woman and the wikipedia page claims its one of the earliest works of feminist philosophy having been published in the late 1700s. I find it funny how feminism an ideology that first came to existence in the late 1960s can lay claim to actions taken by women centuries before it came to existence.

I'm going to look into these books. Thanks for the recommendations Tommy. :smile:

They're books on my 'essential reading list' I've managed to get through so far :smile:

There's some others I didnt mention as I've never read them (yet) such as "How modern feminism lost touch with science & common sense" and "Women vs Feminism: Why we all need liberating from the gender wars". There's also "Why I Am Not a Feminist" (Jessa Crispin).
Reply 7
Original post by TommyDH
They're books on my 'essential reading list' I've managed to get through so far :smile:

There's some others I didnt mention as I've never read them (yet) such as "How modern feminism lost touch with science & common sense" and "Women vs Feminism: Why we all need liberating from the gender wars". There's also "Why I Am Not a Feminist" (Jessa Crispin).

I'ma add them to my reading list too. :smile:

Those other two books that you have mentioned seem to also be kind of interesting, particularly Women vs Feminism, an anti-feminist book from a female traditionalist perspective?

The third one, Why I Am Not a Feminist is apprently written by a feminist who actually beleives in the "patriarchy". These kind of "anti-feminist" books written by feminists are becoming more and more common. I feel like these books are a delibrate attempt by feminists to hijack the anti-feminist movement and take over its narrative. You know? make it more feminism friendly. Ever since I started researching feminism from an anti-feminist perspective, I did the best I can to research the author before reading their book. If they were a feminist I would avoid reading their book. I wanted to read anti-feminism as it is written by anti-feminists.

Here's a few of the books that I have read so far:

1. The Boy Crisis by Warren Farrel
2. The Feminist Lie by Bob Lewis
3. The Manipulated Man by Esther Villar
4. Their Angry Creed by Herbert Purdy
5. Exposing Feminism by Swayne O'Pie
6. The Woman Racket by Steve Moxon
7. Sexual Impolitics by Neil Lyndon
8. Tyrants of Matriarchy. Debunking Feminism and the Myth of Patriarchal Oppression by Stephen Jarosek
9. The Myth of Male Power by Warren Farrel
10. Feminism is Sexism by JP Tate
11. Red Pill Psychology by Peter Wright
12. Why Men Don't Iron by Anne Moir
13. Sex Scandal by Ashley McGuire
14. Women of the Klan. Foundations of Modern Feminism by John Davis
15. A Flaw From Within by Alan Millard
16. Brain Sex. The Real Difference Between Women and Men by Anne Moir

These books vary in quality. Some are are seminal, others not. They all however share one thing in common. They're all very entertaining and eye opening reads.

If you guys know of any other books, please, please, please, please share them here!!! I will do the same!!
(edited 5 years ago)
Any thread on TSR to do with sexism or feminism should be fine...
Reply 9
Original post by Andrew97
Any thread on TSR to do with sexism or feminism should be fine...

lol...I find most threads about feminism very informative. I found out about some of the books I've cited in my list from comments on this forum. Thank you. :smile:
Original post by TommyDH
Nice list! lots I haven't heard of.
That's my essential reading list that's gotten bigger.

I wasn't really into anti-feminist books per say, more generalized books about our civilization, demise of our culture, creeping totalitarianism which.. is all oddly intertwined with feminism. To be pro-civilization is synonymous now to be anti-feminist. To be pro-feminist is synonymous with totalitarianism and a sick, dying society. Feminists are bringing about full societal collapse under the banner of marxism. But for what purpose?

In an end of civilization scenario they're overlooking the fact that... men will be in their natural habitat. We'll do just fine, infact most of us will love it and bloody well enjoy ourselves. No law, no government? It's pretty much any guy's biggest fantasy

Women... well. Be interesting to see how these feminists enjoy life under true equality with no government and left wing media to protect them.

Honestly I secretly hope and pray that they get the societal collapse they yearn.

Anyway, here's the list of books I'm slowly getting through one by one
Someone put it together a while back when I first started my journey down red pill road as a young white male trying to make sense of it all as the civilization my ancestors built burns and crumbles around me at the hands of feminists.

I started my red pill journey around a year ago. Its been....eye opening.Calling it "red pill" is very apt.

I think feminism has radically altered culture in the west. No other social movement has had as much of a profound impact as feminism has on western culture.

Thanks again for the list!!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending