The Student Room Group

My feelings about my current feelings

(I’m a senior) So my best friend broke with his girlfriend over the holiday break and she’s been really upset about it and I’ve been trying to make her feel better and Friday she asked if I wanted to date her and I said yeah and so today I hung out with my best friend and told him and he was alright with it so we drove to my house and he dropped me off at my house and as soon I got in I felt a wave of just straight sadness and it’s been like 5 hours and I still feel depressed I don’t know what’s wrong I should feel happy but I just don’t (him and her have been dating for a while)
Original post by Red242
(I’m a senior) So my best friend broke with his girlfriend over the holiday break and she’s been really upset about it and I’ve been trying to make her feel better and Friday she asked if I wanted to date her and I said yeah and so today I hung out with my best friend and told him and he was alright with it so we drove to my house and he dropped me off at my house and as soon I got in I felt a wave of just straight sadness and it’s been like 5 hours and I still feel depressed I don’t know what’s wrong I should feel happy but I just don’t (him and her have been dating for a while)

It seems remarkably quick that you've cracked on with his ex considering he's your best friend. Perhaps you subconsciouly feel you've betrayed him in that you must have and feelings while the two of them were dating for you to crack on with her straight away
Reply 2
Original post by 1markaway
It seems remarkably quick that you've cracked on with his ex considering he's your best friend. Perhaps you subconsciouly feel you've betrayed him in that you must have and feelings while the two of them were dating for you to crack on with her straight away

I mean I remember in middle school when they started dating I was like ok she’s off limits and then last year she started getting friendly towards me and she was telling me stuff like how she was sad about the relationship and once she asked me if ther was another girl and I would try and make her feel better and send her memes and advice and stuff I kinda started to like her but then I would be like no I don’t she’s you best friends girlfriend and when I heard they broke up I was genuinely very sad and she was devistated so I tried to make her feel better and then you know she asked me if I wanted to go out (I feel a lot better now that I’ve written down my feelings)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending