The Student Room Group

A level

Is it possible to do A level in a year
It depends on the number of subjects you wish to finish in one year.

Doing 3 a levels in a year isn't unrealistic but it depends on the subject and your intellect. For example a levels maths and further maths wouldnt be overly hard if you can do maths as it isn't that time consuming. Essay subjects take generally longer and is more of a slow development.

Though it's possible, it would be pretty hard to keep up with the workload unless you're willing to dedicate most of your year to studies (if you're aiming for A*-B grades).
Thanks for your Advice
I have a question for You? Can I do Maths, English Literature and Biology in a year. Please reply
Maths can certainly be completed in a year- it's surprisingly common to see some students doing that.
I doubt you'll be able to complete A-Level Biology- there's too much work and you need to cover the practicals too.
I don't have experience of A-Level English.

Why are you in such a hurry to finish these soo fast? What grades are you aiming to get in them?
I'm just taking the advice, but I'm aiming to get B grade in All three subject.
Can you suggest me a other subject than Biology that is Easy to learn please.

Thanks
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by allandsouza653
I'm just taking the advice, but I'm aiming to get B grade in All three subject.
Can you suggest me a other subject than Biology that is Easy to learn please.

Thanks

When selecting subjects, you need to consider if they meet the requirements of the university course that you wish to apply to. My friends that do psychology have told me that it's quite easy compared to their other subjects, though I have no personal experience of A-Level psychology.
Is there any subject you're interested in? Students usually get higher grades in subjects they're interested in because they enjoy spending time studying that subject and will put in more hours, which correlates to higher grades.

Are you in Y11 at the moment? Why do you want to self-study A-Levels in 1 year? Regardless of which subjects you are doing, you have to be extremely hard working (studying 4/5 hours outside of school everyday). Be realistic, will you be able to do that?

Also, please press the 'reply' button when you're replying to mr, otherwise I won't see your message :smile:
Original post by Infinite Series
When selecting subjects, you need to consider if they meet the requirements of the university course that you wish to apply to. My friends that do psychology have told me that it's quite easy compared to their other subjects, though I have no personal experience of A-Level psychology.
Is there any subject you're interested in? Students usually get higher grades in subjects they're interested in because they enjoy spending time studying that subject and will put in more hours, which correlates to higher grades.

Are you in Y11 at the moment? Why do you want to self-study A-Levels in 1 year? Regardless of which subjects you are doing, you have to be extremely hard working (studying 4/5 hours outside of school everyday). Be realistic, will you be able to do that?

Also, please press the 'reply' button when you're replying to mr, otherwise I won't see your message :smile:

Thanks for replying

I'm doing ICT BTEC course I have to do 2 years, But in other colleges It's 1 year. This is a waste of years I want to do A- levels Next Year. GCSEs I got 1A grade, 5 B grade N I got grade 4 in my boring subject.😅
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest