The Student Room Group

University of London Institute in Paris 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Geraint Davies
Hey glad to hear your interview went well!! If you end up going we will see eachother next year :smile:) Hopefully this can be a good forum for discussion again and also if you need any advice feel free to get in touch :smile:

Thank you!!:smile:
Original post by amymona
I had my interview (for 2019 entry) about five minutes ago! It lasted about 10 minutes, she started talking in English and then asked the first few questions in French and followed with a question or two that was relevant to what I'd said. I asked her two questions at the end but that was in English. All in all it was actually very relaxed and quite a pleasant chat!! I've heard nothing about having to do any tests yet if there are any. Good luck to anyone else who has an interview!

So glad to hear it went well. Did you go to Senate House? :smile:
Reply 22
No, it was on the phone :smile:
Original post by amymona
No, it was on the phone :smile:

So glad it went well, it can be pretty nerve-wracking, fingers crossed everything else goes well for you. All the best of luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate :smile:
Hi All,

I have my telephone interview next week for ULIP (2019 entry), I've applied for French Studies with International Relations. I was just wondering if there was anymore information on the French part of the interview, I'm quite anxious about the interview.

Best Wishes
:smile:
Reply 25
Original post by alina1804
Hi All,

I have my telephone interview next week for ULIP (2019 entry), I've applied for French Studies with International Relations. I was just wondering if there was anymore information on the French part of the interview, I'm quite anxious about the interview.

Best Wishes
:smile:

I think I’m the only other 2019 applicant that’s active on here but my advice would be to think about how you’d explain why you want to study at ULIP in French and in all honesty not to worry about it!! I was stressed but it was extremely short - 10 mins max - and the woman was a native English speaker as well which I felt relieved the pressure a little, not sure why!!
Original post by amymona
I think I’m the only other 2019 applicant that’s active on here but my advice would be to think about how you’d explain why you want to study at ULIP in French and in all honesty not to worry about it!! I was stressed but it was extremely short - 10 mins max - and the woman was a native English speaker as well which I felt relieved the pressure a little, not sure why!!

Thank you for your advice I only recieved my email today and I've been so nervous.

Thanks
Original post by Ell.Lake
Hi I applied on the 13th Nov. How long did it take you guys to hear back? I’m soooo nervous, I’ve heard nothing so far!!! What sort of questions did they ask you on the interview!?

Hey @Ell.Lake,

I got a response from ULIP just a week after sending off my application for a phone interview. Don't stress they're probably processing loads of applications sure you'll hear from them soon. The interview was along the lines of why you want to study at ULIP next year?
Good luck hope you hear from them soon.
Hi, anymore offer holders for ULIP? Is there a group chat or something :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Ell.Lake
Hi, anymore offer holders for ULIP? Is there a group chat or something :smile:

I’m another offer holder - don’t think there’s a group chat but we could make one?
Original post by amymona
I’m another offer holder - don’t think there’s a group chat but we could make one?

I’m an offer holder too, I’m pretty sure they make a prospective students group on Facebook in January but if you’re making a group chat add me please! :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Freyalouise47
I’m an offer holder too, I’m pretty sure they make a prospective students group on Facebook in January but if you’re making a group chat add me please! :smile:

If anyone interested wants to send me their Facebook details through a private message I'm happy to make a group chat for 2019 applicants on Facebook :smile:
Original post by Freyalouise47

Me too! :smile:
Reply 33
Hey, I am currently applying and i have my interview tomorrow for ULIP... any advice on what the French questions are like?? I'm super nervous :smile:
Original post by EllieAB
Hey, I am currently applying and i have my interview tomorrow for ULIP... any advice on what the French questions are like?? I'm super nervous :smile:

Hey! My interview was a while ago but I think most of my questions in French were along the lines of “Why Paris?” “What are the advantages/disadvantages of studying in Paris?” “Have you been to Paris before?” etc. It definitely doesn’t feel like you’re talking in French for that long and she’s super nice and prompts you if you get stuck.
Good luck, let us know how it goes! :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Charlotte_MHB
Hey! My interview was a while ago but I think most of my questions in French were along the lines of “Why Paris?” “What are the advantages/disadvantages of studying in Paris?” “Have you been to Paris before?” etc. It definitely doesn’t feel like you’re talking in French for that long and she’s super nice and prompts you if you get stuck.
Good luck, let us know how it goes! :smile:

Thank you! Cross fingers it goes well, I'm glad she promps as I can speak French well but I feel like I will suddenly go blank...should be fine though :smile:
I got my offer today! I live in Paris and I have 2 other offers from Australian universities and I am torned! I can't make up my mind what is the best choice. I spend my days digging into informations.
For me the most important is employability, to find a cool job in Europe asap I left school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending