The Student Room Group

A level Maths C3 Resit Help

Hi just want to ask something regarding A level C3 maths (edexcel). I want to book my exam as a private candidate and resit this paper, is there something I need to do or do I just book the exam and sit it in June, will edexcel automatically connect it to my previous taking of the exam?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by zęn
Hi just want to ask something regarding A level C3 maths (edexcel). I want to book my exam as a private candidate and resit this paper, is there something I need to do or do I just book the exam and sit it in June, will edexcel automatically connect it to my previous taking of the exam?

You need to talk to the centre so they find your UCN so it can be linked and your old results needs to be unlocked so it all can be re-cashed in.
Here's the info:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/understanding-our-qualifications/where-can-i-take-edexcel-exams.html

Once you’ve found a centre, they will help you with the registration process. To register, you’ll need to provide the school or college with:

Your full name, address, postcode and date of birth

A telephone number

Details of the subjects for which you want to register

Details of any coursework marks you want to transfer (if relevant)

Your Unique Candidate Identifier (UCI) number (if you've previously taken Edexcel exams)

Your bank details.

Reply 4
You have to find an exm centre willing to accept you as a private candidate. Any secondary school or college could but few do so get looking now as the entry deadline isn't that far away. The centre where you took your A levels is likely to be the simplest and cheapestplace to do this - if they will have you back. They'll need your:
Full name
Date of birth
UCI
ULN (if you were at a state school)
The entry codes of what you want to enter - Edexcel C3 is 6665 and the cash in for A level Maths (in order to be awarded a new overall grade) is 9371.

The UCI and ULN should be on your results slip from last Summer. Obviously you'll have to pay - prices vary enormously.
Original post by Compost
You have to find an exm centre willing to accept you as a private candidate. Any secondary school or college could but few do so get looking now as the entry deadline isn't that far away. The centre where you took your A levels is likely to be the simplest and cheapestplace to do this - if they will have you back. They'll need your:
Full name
Date of birth
UCI
ULN (if you were at a state school)
The entry codes of what you want to enter - Edexcel C3 is 6665 and the cash in for A level Maths (in order to be awarded a new overall grade) is 9371.

The UCI and ULN should be on your results slip from last Summer. Obviously you'll have to pay - prices vary enormously.

Sorry what do you mean by the cash in for A level Maths?
Reply 6
Original post by zęn
Sorry what do you mean by the cash in for A level Maths?

Exactly what I said, cash in for A level Maths (in order to be awarded a new overall grade) is 9371. When you enter for modular exams you don't get an overall grade unless you request one using a cash-in code. If the code is enetred at the same time as the units the exam board does not charge for this.
Original post by Compost
Exactly what I said, cash in for A level Maths (in order to be awarded a new overall grade) is 9371. When you enter for modular exams you don't get an overall grade unless you request one using a cash-in code. If the code is enetred at the same time as the units the exam board does not charge for this.

I see thanks for that information, so I need to make sure to give this cash in code (9371) when I book my C3 resit?
Reply 8
Original post by zęn
I see thanks for that information, so I need to make sure to give this cash in code (9371) when I book my C3 resit?

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest