The Student Room Group

UCAS application - Urgent!

I’ve left my application until the last minute, yes, that was stupid, but please help me.

I have done my statement, filled in my education and work fields, finished the personal questions too.

I’m applying independently so I asked for a reference from an old teacher. They got back to me and said the email they received from UCAS says something like, ‘the deadline is 18:00pm on 15th Jan, but you should have it sent three days before then’.

What does this mean? If she sends my reference by 1pm tomorrow and I send it off will everything be OK? What’s all this about it having to be done three days before?

I’m panicking, please help me!
Original post by Tom208
I’ve left my application until the last minute, yes, that was stupid, but please help me.

I have done my statement, filled in my education and work fields, finished the personal questions too.

I’m applying independently so I asked for a reference from an old teacher. They got back to me and said the email they received from UCAS says something like, ‘the deadline is 18:00pm on 15th Jan, but you should have it sent three days before then’.

What does this mean? If she sends my reference by 1pm tomorrow and I send it off will everything be OK? What’s all this about it having to be done three days before?

I’m panicking, please help me!

I think it will be ok - the reference has to be completed before you can send it in to UCAS so, assumably, they ask for references to be completed in advance of the deadline to allow candidates to then submit it on time. Good luck.

Have a look at this - it gives an idea as to why leaving it to the last minute is not advised!! I suspect this is why they really want references done in advnace of the 15th Jan deadline, to give time for these trip hazards to be sorted if needed.
https://university.which.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/ucas-application-deadline-references-five-potential-problems-avoid-them
(edited 5 years ago)
Don't worry about that at all. The deadline is tomorrow so you can send it tomorrow and be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending