The Student Room Group

A-level Maths Study Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by entertainmyfaith
only a person doing maths and fm would say that :tongue:

Aha I'm such a maths nerd! :cool:
Original post by RavenclawOwl
Aha I'm such a maths nerd! :cool:

i can imagine the as stuff didn't take too long to get covered for you!
i can imagine the as stuff didn't take too long to get covered for you!

Well our class gets 10 lessons a week (equivalent of two a levels worth) so we finished AS content around late November!
good luck, the fm words sound really scary:tongue: are you doing maths in one year and sitting the exam at the end of year 12 and then fm in year 13?

Nah, I'm doing Further Maths at the same time as Maths
Well our class gets 10 lessons a week (equivalent of two a levels worth) so we finished AS content around late November!

wow:eek2: when do you think you'll be finishing the a2 content?
wow:eek2: when do you think you'll be finishing the a2 content?

We're supposed to finish by March :s-smilie:
We're supposed to finish by March :s-smilie:

and then i can imagine it's recapping/revision after that... good luck you'll be fine and i know you're more than capable:yep:
and then i can imagine it's recapping/revision after that... good luck you'll be fine and i know you're more than capable:yep:

Aw that's so sweet of you! Fingers crossed for an A*? Hopefully....
Aw that's so sweet of you! Fingers crossed for an A*? Hopefully....

you can get that:rave: you'll have to let us know your results in the summer:wink: but i have great faith in you:smile:
you can get that:rave: you'll have to let us know your results in the summer:wink: but i have great faith in you:smile:

Oh you're so lovely! Good luck to you too :blush:
Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
Long division, quadratic or just pure numbers, is annoying but I guess it is kinda satisfying.
Mechanics is so annoying and boring and not even maths lol it's physics.

IMO Stats is even worse in that regard. So many questions require you to write in sentence form and require general knowledge more than anything. Especially the data set questions.
Original post by Presence
thank you ! i mean when i do questions i convert to degrees and then convert my answer back to radians which is so time consuming and i dont think i willl have that time in the exam... practise..i guess

I think it'll help if you look at the proof if you haven't already. It's on exam solutions. Pretty neat video.
Original post by lconlon13
15476813637686499453550881770633.jpg
7b anyone? Im too tired to think properly
Terminal velocity is 60ms^-1 for anyone who helps. Thanks

hiya, if you need help with a question please create a separate thread for it as math cas won't check in here.
i'm starting stats and mechanics soon:hide::rip:
i'm starting stats and mechanics soon:hide::rip:

Thats a bit late tbh. Most schools do stats and mechanics alongside with pure. Good luck though. Stats might be boring at the start but it's easier so you'll be fine😊. Everyone has mixed opinions on mechanics so go in with an open mind 👍
Original post by Aaysh
Thats a bit late tbh. Most schools do stats and mechanics alongside with pure. Good luck though. Stats might be boring at the start but it's easier so you'll be fine😊. Everyone has mixed opinions on mechanics so go in with an open mind 👍

both teachers were teaching pure so we've almost finished it now:redface: didn't help that one of our teachers had to go on jury duty so she wasn't at school for like 2 weeks
thank you:hugs:
Who started the normal distribution. Its a killer. I also hate Converting logs to straight line questions.
Original post by lionike123
Who started the normal distribution. Its a killer. I also hate Converting logs to straight line questions.

haven't started normal distribution yet, is it in stats?
we've done the bit where you have like polynomial or exponential equations which you then have to convert to linear form, sometimes using logs, if that's what you're talking about? they're not easy ngl, but i think it's just something that needs you to do lots of practice for it :smile:
I've got my mock in a week! Terrified! :s-smilie:
I've got my mock in a week! Terrified! :s-smilie:

Good luck, don't worry you'll do great!

Quick Reply

Latest