The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have my controlled assessment from tomrorow as well, let's hope for the best and try to do our best!
Original post by HypNose
I have my controlled assessment from tomrorow as well, let's hope for the best and try to do our best!

Good Luck!
Hi. I've completed 2 hours of the assessment. So far, I have completed activities 1 and 2 - the ERD Diagrams and Screenshots.
How is everyone else finding it?
I have done 2hrs of it and this is what i remember off of my head...

Doris allens total rent calculations between 1/2/08 to 12/31/2015...
Make a form for a new tenant... Thats all i remember though...

What my teacher suggested is that get all the marks for the first two activities and then do the testing and evaluation...t

the first two activities are worth 16 marks...testing and evaluation are 12 each...if u guys put more effort into these u can defo get a distinction (Just do the easy forms and queries as well just in case)!!! Good luck for the next parts...
Original post by N.tony123
I have done 2hrs of it and this is what i remember off of my head...

Doris allens total rent calculations between 1/2/08 to 12/31/2015...
Make a form for a new tenant... Thats all i remember though...

What my teacher suggested is that get all the marks for the first two activities and then do the testing and evaluation...t

the first two activities are worth 16 marks...testing and evaluation are 12 each...if u guys put more effort into these u can defo get a distinction (Just do the easy forms and queries as well just in case)!!! Good luck for the next parts...

Thank you! Good luck to you too!
I don't really know how to do the final query - Doris Allen - so my teacher told us to skip it. We're starting on the forms and report tomorrow, along with the testing if we do it in good time
Reply 6
Hello everyone, does anyone remember the first two queries that we had to do? If so, what were they about?
Original post by Josiahjones
Can someone confirm what the erd looks like. I’m scared mines wrong

Set out what you have in your tables. I'll correct you
Original post by LucieJan3X
So can anyone help me out and explain to me step by step what to do in the exam so i can get some marks. Please help a sister out xx.

Do you have your tables sorted, with all the data types, validations and screenshots done? If so, just follow what I've written below
Original post by HypNose
Hello everyone, does anyone remember the first two queries that we had to do? If so, what were they about?

I can help with the Queries

A query to display a list of two bedroom vacant properties from the cheapest rent to the most expensive rent.

and

a query that would allow a user to enter a property type and minimum number of bedrooms as parameters

Okay so in query design, you need to have tblProperty and put in the fields NumBedroom and MonthlyRent
For the criteria, put 2 for bedrooms. For Rent, put the (I forgot what it was called but there is a drop down box beneath the field that should provide three options) and click ascending.
That is the first query done.

Second one, you need tblProperty and tblPropertyType. Put on both fields of tblPropertyType. Put in PropertyID. Click E totals. Under the fields should be "Group by". Put PropertyID as " count"

All done
i dont remember tho

Okay no worries.
So you have five tables:
tblProperty
tblRental
tblPropertyType
tblOwner
tblTenant

In tblRental, you need to have the foreign keys: PropertyID and TenantID
In tblProperty, you need to have the foreign keys: PropertyTypeID and OwnerID
Original post by crimsonenrage
Okay no worries.
So you have five tables:
tblProperty
tblRental
tblPropertyType
tblOwner
tblTenant

In tblRental, you need to have the foreign keys: PropertyID and TenantID
In tblProperty, you need to have the foreign keys: PropertyTypeID and OwnerID

that is what I got.
does this acc work, like is this the right way?? (no offence)

My teacher confirmed it :smile:
ah okay, thank you. When do you have the rest exam

Tomorrow and Friday
Original post by Naz9941
hey, Did you manage to finish report?

Yes. It was kind of straightforward but confusing. I can't really remember how I did it because I was trying to do the forms
Has anyone done the second form I'm so stuck please help meeee
The first form is just a standard data entry form into the tenant table. I'm not too sure about the second form, unfortunately.
can someone tell me how to do the 3rd qry
"the query that would allow a user to enter a property type and minimum number of bedrooms as parameters. Displaying the owners name, property address and number of bedrooms
thanks
Reply 18
Did anyone else use 2 queries to do the one about Doris? If not, how did you do it?
Original post by SamPar
Did anyone else use 2 queries to do the one about Doris? If not, how did you do it?

I personally did. Couldn't figure out any way to do it better.

Latest