The Student Room Group

Applied Science Unit 1 Exam

I have my biology unit 1 exam tomorrow. Any predictions on what will be on the paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So how did everyone find it ?
Reply 2
Original post by Jiiny
So how did everyone find it ?

I found biology quite hard, what about you?
Reply 3
Original post by Doubie1
I found biology quite hard, what about you?

Yeah I found it kind of hard. It was definitely a lot more harder compared to the 2018 and 2017 one. What did you put down for what organelle x was?
Reply 4
Has anyone done the calculation question?
Reply 5
Original post by Doubie1
the percentage one? I think i got it right

Can you explain how you done it??
I got 5.74 I don’t know if its right?
Reply 7
Original post by Lollipop2000
I got 5.74 I don’t know if its right?

I got that as well but I don’t think it’s right. Since to work out percentage increase you do the difference divided by the original. I put 94.3 first and then crossed it out :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Doubie1
It's not like 93.4 I think because it doesn't give a maximum value so I said it was 1700% increase or something

this question was not even mentioned in any of the books so i dont why they have asked a question like that. i remember getting 5.75 but it is not right.
What did you guys get for when it said what’s in an animal cell and not in a plant (something like that)
Original post by Selflovez
What did you guys get for when it said what’s in an animal cell and not in a plant (something like that)

I said centrioles
Original post by Berkaydd
I said centrioles

Same !!
I said centrioles

What about the filling in gaps I filled one in as specific the other one I wasn’t sure

And then the ticking which tissue I put epithelial

& for the gap I put nodes of ranvier
What about the filling in gaps I filled one in as specific the other one I wasn’t sure

And then the ticking which tissue I put epithelial

& for the gap I put nodes of ranvier

Yeah same i said specific then for the other gap i said activity but i guess its not right.

I also put epithilial and nodes of ranvier👌👌
Yeah same i said specific then for the other gap i said activity but i guess its not right.

I also put epithilial and nodes of ranvier👌👌

Yesss!

What about the structure of the myelin sheath that was pretty hard and then the white blood cell like the structure of the neutrophil I forgot totally my mind went blank
Reply 15
I put lysosomes for the structure that’s only found in animal cells. For the neutrophil question, I put that it has a multilobed nucleus which is flexible so it can easily fit through capillaries and engulf pathogens. I also put that it has lysosomes in its cytoplasm that contains digestive enzymes to break down bacteria.
Reply 16
How’s everyone feeling for physics and chemistry?
Original post by EJS145

Feeling a bit worried tbh after today but got any guesses on what might acc come up or anything ?
Reply 18
Original post by EJS145

feel so worried
Reply 19
Feeling a bit worried tbh after today but got any guesses on what might acc come up or anything ?

I honestly have no clue for chemistry and physics, I tried with biology and I was off by a long shot. Didn’t think they’d include so much on cells...

Quick Reply