The Student Room Group

My college hasn't sent off my applicaiton

When I log into UCAS apply, it tells me that my application still hasn't been submitted,
it says the current status of my application is:
"Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator." and previously: "Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval."
This means all thats left to do is send it, the deadline is literally in 10 minutes and my college hasn't sent my application yet?
if my college do not send it by 6PM (the deadline), does this mean I will have missed the deadline despite me completing my application days ago? Or will it show that I completed my application before the deadline?
Original post by abcdef86
When I log into UCAS apply, it tells me that my application still hasn't been submitted,
it says the current status of my application is:
"Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator." and previously: "Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval."
This means all thats left to do is send it, the deadline is literally in 10 minutes and my college hasn't sent my application yet?
if my college do not send it by 6PM (the deadline), does this mean I will have missed the deadline despite me completing my application days ago? Or will it show that I completed my application before the deadline?

If the application has been approved by your referee, isn't it now up to you to pay the fee then submit it?
Reply 2
(Original post by harrysbar)If the application has been approved by your referee, isn't it now up to you to pay the fee then submit it?
I paid last friday, everything was completed, I had to pay and send it to my referee for them to complete the reference, then someone else at my college is supposed to approve the reference and the complete applicaiton and send it to UCAS,

I paid last friday, everything was completed, I had to pay and send it to my referee for them to complete the reference, then someone else at my college is supposed to approve the reference and the complete application and send it to UCAS,

everything was completed and paid for last week
If i was you i would email your referee.
Or check your inbox to make sure your referee hasnt asked you to change anything.
Its not the end of the world if it hasnt been submitted.
But i would try to get into contact with your college ASAP
Reply 4
Original post by YouHurtMyBrain
If i was you i would email your referee.
Or check your inbox to make sure your referee hasnt asked you to change anything.
Its not the end of the world if it hasnt been submitted.
But i would try to get into contact with your college ASAP

There were inital changes that had to be made but that was submitted and then they provided my reference so literally was just a case of them literally sending it, I emailed them earlier today and the deadlines passed now so guess ill die :biggrin: Sucks to be me I guess
Contact them again tomorrow by phone or in person as that way they will have to respond there and then. Hopefully they will realise they have messed up and could call up the universities you have applied for on your behalf to explain the situation.

Just an idea. I hope everything works out!
Reply 6
Original post by ThisIsJustAName
Contact them again tomorrow by phone or in person as that way they will have to respond there and then. Hopefully they will realise they have messed up and could call up the universities you have applied for on your behalf to explain the situation.

Just an idea. I hope everything works out!

appreciate that but sounds like wishful thinking haha, hopefully the unis still consider my application, Ill just stay optimistic lol
Reply 7
Original post by abcdef86
appreciate that but sounds like wishful thinking haha, hopefully the unis still consider my application, Ill just stay optimistic lol

Hey mate,

I called and emailed all the Unis I wanted yesterday and York, Warwick, Exeter and Lancaster said they are all happy to accept my delayed application if everything is provided within 7-10 days. Give them a call tomorrow morning, it is worth a shot and most should understand your circumstances.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
I should clarify that the 7-10 days timeframe to submit it in is what I asked from them not them from me
Reply 9
Were you told that your college would submit your application? I was under the impression that your college would only provide a reference and check all your details. What is stopping you from submitting the application?
Reply 10
Original post by Skyrim
Hey mate,

I called and emailed all the Unis I wanted yesterday and York, Warwick, Exeter and Lancaster said they are all happy to accept my delayed application if everything is provided within 7-10 days. Give them a call tomorrow morning, it is worth a shot and most should understand your circumstances.

Oh really, thats eased my mind a bit thank you :smile:, I'll ring them tomorrow

Original post by AD41629
Were you told that your college would submit your application? I was under the impression that your college would only provide a reference and check all your details. What is stopping you from submitting the application?

when i go onto UCAS it says this:
Your application has been sent to your school or college. They will check and approve your application, write and approve their reference, and send the completed application to us. We will then process the application and send you a welcome email; this will explain what happens next. The current status of your application is:

Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator.
Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval.
Talk to your college tomorrow. Get them to submit your application and then get them to call your universities and explain the situation.

If any of your universities are unhappy or unwilling to make any acceptions then you have 14 days to substitute those universities for universities that are willing to consider late applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending