The Student Room Group

Gilette releases commercial criticising rape culture

Scroll to see replies

I wonder what the response would be if an advert was released calling all women liars, accusing all women of submitting fake rape reports, all women are cheaters, all women are child abusers, all women commit paternity fraud, all women are golddiggers, all women are inherently evil?

It's interesting how women are enjoying sowing this hatred and division. In societal collapse it isn't going to be the men who suffer. This systemic misandry and abuse of innocent boys won't go unpunished.

These women who "claim" they're against "rape culture" are the same women who covered up Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford and turn up to demos to throw broken bottles and bricks at the child rape victims. Don't forget that.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by TommyDH
I wonder what the response would be if an advert was released calling all women liars, accusing all women of submitting fake rape reports, all women are cheaters, all women are child abusers, all women commit paternity fraud, all women are golddiggers, all women are inherently evil?

It's interesting how women are enjoying sowing this hatred and division. In societal collapse it isn't going to be the men who suffer. This systemic misandry and abuse of innocent boys won't go unpunished.

These women who "claim" they're against "rape culture" are the same women who covered up Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford and turn up to demos to throw broken bottles and bricks at the child rape victims. Don't forget that.

you mean how tv has depicted women practically since it invetion?
They've just blamed their customers for bullying, sexual harassment, patronising behaviour etc. Commercially this is stupid, but I guess there is a limit to how many blades you can keep adding on to your razors so they had to try something different.

More generally, this is offensive. I am not responsible for the crimes or misdeeds of someone else just because I happen to have a Y chromosome in common with them, any more than Terry Crews is responsible for the crimes of black men who he shares both skin colour and gender with. I see the reasoning of inspiring your son to do things, but there's too much blame for other stuff in it for that. On top of that, this is effectively chivalry, but where the subjects are kids as well as women. However, feminism and chivalry cannot coexist.
Original post by tremblr
you mean how tv has depicted women practically since it invetion?

What kind of TV shows do you watch? If you're actively seeking those programmes out you can't really complain if you find them.
Reply 64
Original post by ThomH97
What kind of TV shows do you watch? If you're actively seeking those programmes out you can't really complain if you find them.

just like you actively sought out this thread and watched this advert ? the fact is men dont know how to behave sorry :/
Original post by tremblr
just like you actively sought out this thread and watched this advert ? the fact is men dont know how to behave sorry :/

I realise you're trying to call me a hypocrite, but you haven't answered the question of what TV shows you'd have to watch to get the impression that "tv has depicted women practically since it invetion" as "calling all women liars, accusing all women of submitting fake rape reports, all women are cheaters, all women are child abusers, all women commit paternity fraud, all women are golddiggers, all women are inherently evil".
Reply 66
Original post by ThomH97
I realise you're trying to call me a hypocrite, but you haven't answered the question of what TV shows you'd have to watch to get the impression that "tv has depicted women practically since it invetion" as "calling all women liars, accusing all women of submitting fake rape reports, all women are cheaters, all women are child abusers, all women commit paternity fraud, all women are golddiggers, all women are inherently evil".

im not trying im succeeding :smile: literally just go watch tv go seek it out :smile:
also in general woman arnt these things listed whereas in general men don't know how to behave :/
Original post by tremblr
im not trying im succeeding :smile: literally just go watch tv go seek it out :smile:
also in general woman arnt these things listed whereas in general men don't know how to behave :/

Oh, you're a troll. Well, I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a while so well done you.
Reply 68
Original post by ThomH97
Oh, you're a troll. Well, I gave you the benefit of the doubt for a while so well done you.

i aint no troll but go off i guess
Just what I want in razor commercials: a condescending moral lecture about how to behave as a man. Just sell me an overpriced Mach3 in an ad with jets and hot women and leave it at that, thank you.

The like-dislike ratio on the YouTube video speaks for itself. "Woke" ads rarely go down well. Apparently companies don't learn.

Imagine P&G telling women not to be shrill, catty or gossipy in a Venus ad. Suddenly you wouldn't be making pompous comments about "how only dicks would have a problem with this..." etc.
Absolute nonsense! Literally more than 540k dislikes - Gilette should stick to razors instead of trying to pander to childless 30-something feminists and SJWs.

Basically stereotyping half the global population, how about an ad telling women to stop gossiping or caring so much about makeup - wouldnt go down well..
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Naturally, ever-toxic Youtube decided this was an attack on their masculinity and decided to neg it.

How long until we see scenes of alt-right dumbheads filming themselves buying boxes of gilletes to throw into the trash? Just like they did with Nike when they supported BLM? :rofl:

yes out more than 10m view of those who could be bothered to like/dislike more than 540k are alt-right seems legit - because you see something that offends your woke way of thinking its automatically alt right lol
Reply 72
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
yes out more than 10m view of those who could be bothered to like/dislike more than 540k are alt-right seems legit - because you see something that offends your woke way of thinking its automatically alt right lol

yet you are clearly triggered by the video
This advert is AMAZING
Original post by tremblr
yet you are clearly triggered by the video

im sorry did i say i wasnt bothered by it??? lol maybe try to argue against something i said, we are not oppressed and not all men need to be demonised like this - we dont need razor companies to tell us that men shouldnt be endorsing rape culture (if that even exists) or to be violent - which sounds extremely sexist....

lol take a look at the like dislike ratio and decide for yourself bye :smile:
Reply 75
im sorry did i say i wasnt bothered by it??? lol maybe try to argue against something i said, we are not oppressed and not all men need to be demonised like this - we dont need razor companies to tell us that men shouldnt be endorsing rape culture (if that even exists) or to be violent - which sounds extremely sexist....

lol take a look at the like dislike ratio and decide for yourself bye :smile:

lyou didnt even say anything of any substance what am i meant to respond to yeah it has a lot of dislikes men dont like the idea they might have to alter their behaviour? rape culture literally exists like ffs its pointless debating with women like care more about men liking them then ending violence against women -_-. men commit 90% of violent crimes you think this is just a conincidence? and we should all say nothing because "not all men :frown:". its enough men to pose a daily threat to women but its pointless telling you that because you only care about theyre approval.
Original post by tremblr
lyou didnt even say anything of any substance what am i meant to respond to yeah it has a lot of dislikes men dont like the idea they might have to alter their behaviour? rape culture literally exists like ffs its pointless debating with women like care more about men liking them then ending violence against women -_-. men commit 90% of violent crimes you think this is just a conincidence? and we should all say nothing because "not all men :frown:". its enough men to pose a daily threat to women but its pointless telling you that because you only care about theyre approval.

excuse me? i care more about men and their approval?? women are not perfect, male suicide and domestic violence against men are also pressing issues. Toxic masculinity? lets talk about toxic feminism - 'the best a man can get' now 'too bad you're a man, you sexual predator" - not helpful to lump so many into this group to score cheap political points by virtue signalling

but maybe thats a fundemental difference of opinion, i dont need to crave men's approval to express my opinion, however much i may not like your opinion or you may not like mine. good day :smile:
agree, we dont need a razor company to tell men how to not behave and lump them together - they should stick to razors to be honest
Original post by tremblr

where is the real sexism?
Reply 79
excuse me? i care more about men and their approval?? women are not perfect, male suicide and domestic violence against men are also pressing issues. Toxic masculinity? lets talk about toxic feminism - 'the best a man can get' now 'too bad you're a man, you sexual predator" - not helpful to lump so many into this group to score cheap political points by virtue signalling

but maybe thats a fundemental difference of opinion, i dont need to crave men's approval to express my opinion, however much i may not like your opinion or you may not like mine. good day :smile:

so why arnt men dealing with all these issues they have? here is an advery addressing issues that can lead to males high levels of suicide but you hate it? and for the record women attempt suicide more but usually od to leave a "pretty corpse". also the domestic violence thing is just absolute bs and you know it. men hate femisim because we arnt doing their work for them we are looking out for out own that men have hurt. women set up rape crisis shelters and domestic abuse shelters because men wouldnt. why dont they do the same for their own if there is such an epidemic of these men? it isnt our job. i hope one day you wake up and realise they would never make the allowences for you that you are makig for them.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending