My school make us do PE in sixth form Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Does anyone else’s school do this? We have to do it in year 12 and 13, can they actually make us do it? I’ve done it for a term now and it’s just as bad as it was last year and idk how to get out of it
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone else’s school do this? We have to do it in year 12 and 13, can they actually make us do it? I’ve done it for a term now and it’s just as bad as it was last year and idk how to get out of it
We have something similar, called recreational activity. Its when you have 2 periods to do something of your choice e.g football, indoor sports, first aid, etc
Anonymous #1
We have something similar, called recreational activity. Its when you have 2 periods to do something of your choice e.g football, indoor sports, first aid, etc
yeah they called it something different but it’s actually just the same as last year lol, it’s cool that they offer you first aid though
ddsizebra
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
that curriculum is so old... I only had to do it through GCSEs. And as a girl, it was terrible because we did ballroom dancing, netball, hockey and other crappy less intensive sports. Athletics was the best. The boys seem to get the best sports....If it's disrupting your revision time or it's too much whilst trying to study for other subjects tell your form tutor or head of year. Do you get any qualifications from PE you are doing now?
Last edited by ddsizebra; 8 months ago
Routeri
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
My school had that too but only in year 12. You could either stay in school or go to the gym or swimming. I ended up doing yoga at school which is pretty chill but there was other more physically demanding sports but we had the choice.
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Same
But it’s once every 2 weeks
It’s nice and chill and everyone messes about
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ddsizebra)
that curriculum is so old... I only had to do it through GCSEs. And as a girl, it was terrible because we did ballroom dancing, netball, hockey and other crappy less intensive sports. Athletics was the best. The boys seem to get the best sports....If it's disrupting your revision time or it's too much whilst trying to study for other subjects tell your form tutor or head of year. Do you get any qualifications from PE you are doing now?
hey, thank you for replying! No we don’t get qualifications it’s just the lessons and I’m not good at PE so it’s p stressful

I know a few people who’ve spoked to the head of year bc it’s disrupting their homework time but she was really adamant that we all have to do it unfortunately, I’m just trying to come up with a long term excuse to get out of it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GetTheLondonLook)
Same
But it’s once every 2 weeks
It’s nice and chill and everyone messes about
that’s pretty cool, I wouldn’t mind so much if it was like that but it’s in strict sessions like the younger years rip
ddsizebra
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hey, thank you for replying! No we don’t get qualifications it’s just the lessons and I’m not good at PE so it’s p stressful

I know a few people who’ve spoked to the head of year bc it’s disrupting their homework time but she was really adamant that we all have to do it unfortunately, I’m just trying to come up with a long term excuse to get out of it
what a waste of time! you don't get qualifications out of it?! it must be because the school wants to show parents, council and investors that theit students are exercising and are healthy, whilst in reality you lot are panicking about your future and how much valuable time you have for revision and study that you pratically look high
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I just say I have lots of more important work to do. doing 5 alevels lol
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ddsizebra)
what a waste of time! you don't get qualifications out of it?! it must be because the school wants to show parents, council and investors that theit students are exercising and are healthy, whilst in reality you lot are panicking about your future and how much valuable time you have for revision and study that you pratically look high
that’s exactly it I’m glad you understand! they just want another angle to sell the school but it’s not doing any of us any good, I feel like by 16 you should be trusted to excercise in your own time
ddsizebra
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Routeri)
My school had that too but only in year 12. You could either stay in school or go to the gym or swimming. I ended up doing yoga at school which is pretty chill but there was other more physically demanding sports but we had the choice.
lucky...we were forced to do ball room dancing with bare feet on gym floors so ypu had 90% chance of getting verruca warts between your toes
ddsizebra
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
that’s exactly it I’m glad you understand! they just want another angle to sell the school but it’s not doing any of us any good, I feel like by 16 you should be trusted to excercise in your own time
maybe they don't trust you... perhaps they think you'll turn into a bus the next day....
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tesconyc)
I just say I have lots of more important work to do. doing 5 alevels lol
5 a levels is insane, good luck! I’m doing four and I know someone doing also doing 4 who asked if he could not do PE bc of the workload and they said no you have to do it
ddsizebra
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
5 a levels is insane, good luck! I’m doing four and I know someone doing also doing 4 who asked if he could not do PE bc of the workload and they said no you have to do it
ask subject teacher to give you student a mock exam. fail it on purpose and take it up to your head of year
JoelBigSmokeTea
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
My sixth form doesn't make us do PE unless we chose that as an option for our a levels.
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone for replying! Just wondering if anyone knows a good excuse for getting out of PE long term? It’s giving me so much anxiety but they’re making people take part despite the school workload and I don’t think they’ll be sympathetic about the anxiety. I can’t just not go because I’ll get in a lot of trouble, they’re quite strict like that. I’m just trying to think of a reason I wouldn’t be in that lesson. I don’t want to say a sprained leg or something bc they still make you go to lessons and just not do the sports, I’d rather be studying instead
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Some people do this in my year
They register then ask to go to the toilet/ get water bottle
Then they bunk the rest off
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
How dare they get you up and moving and physically active, it's almost as though they care about your well being, and know that a healthy body helps a healthy mind.

The heartless [email protected]
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Drewski)
How dare they get you up and moving and physically active, it's almost as though they care about your well being, and know that a healthy body helps a healthy mind.

The heartless [email protected]
More like they care about how the school looks to parents...

I do understand where you’re coming from though, and I enjoy exercising it’s just doing it at school is stressful as I’m not good at PE which is painfully obvious to everyone and also I’ve got lots of work to be getting on with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads