The Student Room Group

Get a Job in UK, University of Hertfordshire

hey!
I'm from Indonesia and I'm going to attend my third year of my Uni in the University of Hertforshire this coming September.

I am wondering on what type of jobs can I get when I'm in uni and is it possible for asians to work in UK after graduating from Herts?

p.s: is it true that there are gaps between local and international students in UK?

thank you for reading, hoping for a reply soon :smile:
Original post by nathaniasarah
hey!
I'm from Indonesia and I'm going to attend my third year of my Uni in the University of Hertforshire this coming September.

I am wondering on what type of jobs can I get when I'm in uni and is it possible for asians to work in UK after graduating from Herts?

p.s: is it true that there are gaps between local and international students in UK?

Hi @nathaniasarah,

Thank you for your message and hope you're enjoying your course.

Here's the information on working while studying:

'Most students entering the UK on a Tier 4 student visa are permitted to work a maximum 20 hours per week during term time. If your visa includes the words 'work and any changes must be authorised' then as outlined above you are able to work without seeking any further permission.

Please note that if you are studying on a course classed as below degree level, which includes our International Foundation and English Language courses then you are only permitted to work a maximum of 10 hours per week. If you have entered the UK on a Student Visitor Visa you are not permitted to work'.

You can find out more here: https://www.herts.ac.uk/international/frequently-asked-questions

Hope that helps.

I'm not too sure what you mean by 'gaps', please could you provide a bit more information?

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by nathaniasarah
hey!

Foreign non-EU students can only apply for jobs with Tier 2 visa sponsors. You can easily Google this and find more information on the types of jobs available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending