The Student Room Group

Fundig options for international students admitted at soas

I am from Ethiopia and recently completed my mobility Master's study in Hungary. And, i have been offered an admission in MPhil/PhD in Development Studies at SOAS, University of London. And, the amount of the fee for the first year is £16,950. What funding options do i have as an international student? My family is broke and can only support me a bit
Original post by kosmos g
I am from Ethiopia and recently completed my mobility Master's study in Hungary. And, i have been offered an admission in MPhil/PhD in Development Studies at SOAS, University of London. And, the amount of the fee for the first year is £16,950. What funding options do i have as an international student? My family is broke and can only support me a bit

Hi Kosmos,

How long have you been in the UK? When does your course start?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Kosmos,

How long have you been in the UK? When does your course start?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire, Thank you for your feedback.

I have never been in the U.K and i need to apply to a Tier- 4 visa for that and which in turn would require me the proof of settlement of the first semester fee. The offer was made on 26th of June 2018 and the course has already started on 24 September 2018. I am curious for the future.
Hi Claire, Thank you for your feedback.

I have never been in the U.K and i need to apply to a Tier- 4 visa for that and which in turn would require me the proof of settlement of the first semester fee. The offer was made on 26th of June 2018 and the course has already started on 24 September 2018. I am curious for the future.

Hello,

Can you confirm your nationality?

Postgraduate Doctoral (PGD) loans are available to Student Finance England students studying anywhere in the UK and EU students studying in England. However, there are two categories of an EU national: English domiciled students who have 3 years prior address history in the UK and those EU domiciled students who have spent part of the 3 years in the EU. They must also meet the following criteria:
UK domiciled students must be ordinarily resident in the UK on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of their course
EU domiciled students must be an EU national on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course and attending or undertaking a designated course in England

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 4
Original post by Lynsey SFE
Hello,

Can you confirm your nationality?

Postgraduate Doctoral (PGD) loans are available to Student Finance England students studying anywhere in the UK and EU students studying in England. However, there are two categories of an EU national: English domiciled students who have 3 years prior address history in the UK and those EU domiciled students who have spent part of the 3 years in the EU. They must also meet the following criteria:
UK domiciled students must be ordinarily resident in the UK on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of their course
EU domiciled students must be an EU national on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of the course and attending or undertaking a designated course in England

Thanks, Lynsey.

Hello Lynsey. Thank you for your tip. I m an Ethiopian but i studied in Hungary, Slovenia and Italy because I was a winner of EU Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2016-2018 edition.
Hello Lynsey. Thank you for your tip. I m an Ethiopian but i studied in Hungary, Slovenia and Italy because I was a winner of EU Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2016-2018 edition.

Hi there,

Based on your residency status, you do not meet the criteria to be considered for finance.

Best wishes,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending