The Student Room Group

Little **** wakes me up

So its my day off from uni thought i would have a lie in but the neighbours kid screamed and woke me up and they were all just laighing. They used to do this alot but then i started waking him up by putting my alarm next to the wall but now they started again. I would inderstand if its a baby but this kid is like 7 and woke me up at 7
We don’t get along with our neighbours so we can’t just talk to them
Help

Scroll to see replies

You are a serial complainer. You don’t like your neighbour on one side of you because he’s an old fella who has his TV too loud.
You don’t like your neighbour who has a 7 year old who makes a noise.
You don’t like being wakened up by people outside your house.
You **** off your dad because he is a hoarder and your house and garden is a tip (by your own admission), and you have cockroaches.
Frankly, I think it’s you with the problem and not the neighbours and I wouldn’t like to live near you either.

You could study at the library.
You could move to a desert island.
Or, you could just stop thinking you are a victim - because you aren’t.
Early nights and wake early. Learn some mindfulness techniques to help you relax. Children make noise sadly
Original post by Seamus123
Anyone can get a student room account, and be an ********. You’ve got one.

I know i do and thats the problem here, also i am actually a student unlike you, so i get back from uni at 8pm yesterday when my lecture finishes and was revising till 1. So it is a problem for me becuse i am very tired and sleep deprived
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm not a student because I graduated in the Summer.
Reply 5
Original post by Pisces42
So its my day off from uni thought i would have a lie in but the neighbours kid screamed and woke me up and they were all just laighing. They used to do this alot but then i started waking him up by putting my alarm next to the wall but now they started again. I would inderstand if its a baby but this kid is like 7 and woke me up at 7
We don’t get along with our neighbours so we can’t just talk to them
Help

Can't relate. Move to a detached house.
Sleeping from 1 to 7 doesn't sound like sleep deprivation to me, sure you're not getting 8 hours but most people don't. I haven't slept a minute in the last 3 days so those 6 hours sound like heaven to me lmao.
You can buy earplugs, noise-cancelling earphones, whatever else... though surely if you're that sleep deprived, a kid screaming wouldn't stop you? It's a weekday, a kid is of course going to be awake early and making noise like kids do, and once they're gone to school then there'll be no screaming stopping you from napping, right?

she shoots, she scores !!!

:congrats:
I totally understand your frustration. You're not being childish like other people have said. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. You.can sleep earlier so waking up at 7 won't be awful. You can speak to your neigbours and tell them your situation nicely.

Burn! :tongue:

She has a point OP, 20 threads moaning about the same thing won't help and does make it sound like you're your own problem,

Realistically your dad and every neighbour has to move out (and stay out!) ...or you do.

Deal with the cockroaches as well, it's not like that's a problem that gets BETTER.
Original post by StriderHort
Burn! :tongue:

She has a point OP, 20 threads moaning about the same thing won't help and does make it sound like you're your own problem,

Realistically your dad and every neighbour has to move out (and stay out!) ...or you do.

Deal with the cockroaches as well, it's not like that's a problem that gets BETTER.

Would you like waking up at 7 by a screaming kid after a late night. Also everone is siding with them but you guys don’t know what they are like. Her brother came to visit and he parked his car really close to my mum’s to block it and she went to take a picture he came out of yhe house and started shouting and screaming at her. Then i heard them laughing through the wall.

Why are you here then, go find a job
You said you have grand childeren in another thread, if you’re going to lie at least get your story straight

So I cant go to university because I have grandchildren.
So I cant go to university because I have grandchildren.

Then why don’t you get a job instead of just replying to my threads all day or did you do one of those degrees which don’t get you anywhere because clearly you seem have alot of spade time to argue with students
Would you like waking up at 7 by a screaming kid after a late night. Also everone is siding with them but you guys don’t know what they are like. Her brother came to visit and he parked his car really close to my mum’s to block it and she went to take a picture he came out of yhe house and started shouting and screaming at her. Then i heard them laughing through the wall.

I don't like lots of things.

I don't like living next to a recently expanded railway with trains/track repair 24/7 (but its cheap as chips)

I don't like that my downstairs neighbour got a keyboard for Christmas

I don't like being buzzed by mistake by randoms in the middle of the night

I don't like having to get up at 5am for Uni to tiptoe/clomp about trying to get ready, and I doubt my neighbours like it either.

None of these are unique or even uncommon issues, you want isolated quiet you either move more rural or pay more money, that's what it's always came down to really.

I'm not taking your neighbours side, they sound like tools, but i'm saying they're not going anywhere and the relationship doesn't sound salvageable. One way or another i'd be off.
You are a serial complainer. You don’t like your neighbour on one side of you because he’s an old fella who has his TV too loud.
You don’t like your neighbour who has a 7 year old who makes a noise.
You don’t like being wakened up by people outside your house.
You **** off your dad because he is a hoarder and your house and garden is a tip (by your own admission), and you have cockroaches.
Frankly, I think it’s you with the problem and not the neighbours and I wouldn’t like to live near you either.

You could study at the library.
You could move to a desert island.
Or, you could just stop thinking you are a victim - because you aren’t.

The joys of being a Pisces. They like their peace and quiet in their caves. They can hibernate in summer and can have breakdowns about spilled milk.
Normally I'd laugh about nightmare neighbours but the kids thing, dunno. It's 7 years old...

i had a neighbour walk up the steps a few years back, when my lil sis was like 3. This ***** actually came to our door, and my little sister crawled over. This ***** said "hey babby" to my sis, then had the cheek to ask us if "we could keep the noise down." Mind you it was my BABY SISTER playing with toys watching telly! I wanted to kick the woman down the stairs and I in turn told my mum "dont you tell her to stop playing, let her play, and that ***** can move somewhere else."

:yy:
Same.
full volume, who watches telly at full volume..?
am i elderly with a ****ing hearing aid??? dont speak to me in a sarcastic way. its nothing to do with the telly, like I said, my babby sister was playing, it's the playing noises that was annoying. and she can piss right off, babies play.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending