The Student Room Group

RMPS N5 Assignment

I have no clue what to write my assignment about, i joined the class late and missed most of the course my teacher isn't helping me at all. He said i should write about a moral issue but i have no idea which one, could anyone help.

much appreciated

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Help.me.please
I have no clue what to write my assignment about, i joined the class late and missed most of the course my teacher isn't helping me at all. He said i should write about a moral issue but i have no idea which one, could anyone help.

much appreciated

Moved to Scottish Qualifications. Hopefully someone here can help :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, I'm doing mines on Weapons of Mass Destruction or WMDs for short (Nuclear Weapons, chemical weapons ect.). My actual assignment question is 'Could the use of WMDs ever be morally justifed'. Some of the others in my class are doing topics around divorce, adoption, gun laws in America and things like that. I think my teacher gave us a list of suggested topics which I could try and find if its of any use to you?

It sounds like your teacher is bit useless/not very nice, thankfully mine is really nice - easily best in my school/probably best i've ever had so if you want I can ask any RMPS questions on your behalf and pass on her answer
Thank you so much that really has help, I am really behind on the assignment and we have a practice write up on Thursday so i will try and get some ideas together thank you, you are right about my teacher he is useless and honestly doesn’t know what he is doing.

If I have anymore questions I will ask you thank you!
Reply 4
No problem - happy to help in any way I can. We just done our practice write up a couple of weeks ago and I was nearly having panic attacks and things because I tend to get really nervous and worked up over the smallest things only to realise that it wasn't even that bad, so yeah don't panic. I found the list of suggested question by the way so I'll attach that as well if its of any help. If your doing WMDs I could give you my resource sheet because thats not sent to the SQA so you wouldn't get in trouble for plagiarism or anything. What did you get in your prelim?

Out of interest where abouts in Scotland are you anyways?
Original post by mjw293
If your doing WMDs I could give you my resource sheet because thats not sent to the SQA so you wouldn't get in trouble for plagiarism or anything.

It would be considered collusion though, which can also be penalised.

Really good of you to share that assignment questions resource though- could be something that helps a lot of people! :smile:
Original post by mjw293
No problem - happy to help in any way I can. We just done our practice write up a couple of weeks ago and I was nearly having panic attacks and things because I tend to get really nervous and worked up over the smallest things only to realise that it wasn't even that bad, so yeah don't panic. I found the list of suggested question by the way so I'll attach that as well if its of any help. If your doing WMDs I could give you my resource sheet because thats not sent to the SQA so you wouldn't get in trouble for plagiarism or anything. What did you get in your prelim?

Out of interest where abouts in Scotland are you anyways?

Thank you, when I think of my topic i will ask you if you have any information about it, I’m in s4 and joined the RMPS n5 class in September I think so I pretty much missed the whole suffering&evil, crime and justice part of the course and was only there for half of the Islam part so I got a really low score in the prelim, I think it was 23/80 😬

Me and my best friend are in the same RMPS class and we were stressing and crying over the prelim and this assignment she is really good at RMPS so she has nothing to worry about it is just me aha.

I’m from the highlands wbu?
Reply 7
Original post by Labrador99
It would be considered collusion though, which can also be penalised.

Really good of you to share that assignment questions resource though- could be something that helps a lot of people! :smile:

Yeah I guess it could be classed as collusion, although I meant if she was going do WMDs she could use it for her practice on Thursday, then use mines to create her own, but I really should have made thar clear, so my bad!

Yeah, I definetly found the lis tof suggested question really useful as did others in my class and friends at other schools who I have passed it on to so yeah thought i was worth posting :smile:
Reply 8
Thank you, when I think of my topic i will ask you if you have any information about it, I’m in s4 and joined the RMPS n5 class in September I think so I pretty much missed the whole suffering&evil, crime and justice part of the course and was only there for half of the Islam part so I got a really low score in the prelim, I think it was 23/80 😬

Me and my best friend are in the same RMPS class and we were stressing and crying over the prelim and this assignment she is really good at RMPS so she has nothing to worry about it is just me aha.

I’m from the highlands wbu?

Ok, I'm S4 too, but I've taken RMPS from S3, and now really enjoy it - RMPS and Modern Studies are actually my favourite subjects now, although I used to hate RMPS at first in S3, in fact apparently I used to complain about being there (I don't remember it) because I hadn't actually taken it but due to my timetable being wrong I was put in that class but I'm really glad about that now haha :smile:. Yeah evil & suffering + crime & justice are real strong points but then again we did do lots of towards the end of S3. We didn't do Islam - we did origins (different creation stories of the earth basically, like the big bang ect.) and Christianity both of which I hated :frown:. If you're struggling with Justice though then I have access to all the powerpoints my teacher used if you'd like? I didn't do too bad in the exam - a low B, but then my teacher kind of hinted at a few of the things in the prelim, because she wrote it. To be honest I don't really think prelims are a fair/accurate representation of what you're going to get in the exam when you have your assignment and things to take into account.

Good that you've got a friend who can help you though. Theres only 5 of us in my RMPS class - me (i'm a guy btw) and 4 other girls but i'm good friends with all them now - well ones actually my gf now so yeah I guess it worked out pretty well aha.

I'm from West Lothian, nr Edinburgh. Don't know if you've watched/heard the TV show The Greatest Dancer? Becuase the girl that won it Ellie actually goes to my school. She moved school to mine a while back and now one of my pals is actually going out with her so yeah haha.
(edited 5 years ago)
The majority for the prelim I did find really hard, but my teacher let me re-sit it because he knew I could do better but I just got the same mark aha, that would be a really good help if you could send me those powerpoints thank you!

Yeah my friend has been talking RMPS since s3 aswell and she is soo good at it I wish I could understand stuff like her, that’s good you are in a class with your girlfriend aha.

I have been watching the greatest dance actually, I was halfway through watched no the final but now I know who won ahah, that’s really cool that she go’s to your school I always thought she was a really good dance and she was kind! I’m a girl btw ahah
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Yeah, I found the prelim hard apart from the Justice section and I was surpised I passed it at all - never mind getting a B! Good your teacher let you resit it though. Remeber prelims really matter - it's only to show what you need to work on before the real exam so don't think just because you've failed the prelim you're automatically failing the exam. If you convince yourself you will fail then chances are you will fail, so have faith in yourself! Also, make use of the fact your friend is good at it. Are there other RMPS teachers in your school who could help you sometimes?

Omg I've just ruined TGD for you - so sorry:frown:. Yeah from what i've seen shes really good at it, but personally I'm not really bothered that she won but the school are making a huge deal out of it - we had a big assembly and stuff where they brought her in and surprised her with the whole school clapping and cheering but tbh it makes no diffrence to me and I don't think she really enjoys all the attention at all.
I did convince myself that I was going to fail the exam that’s why I got moved down into n4, I just the work is the same and I can always sit n5 next year. Our school had a really helpful and friendly RMPS teacher just before I joined but she left for maternity leave when I joined the class, I think she is coming back next month or something like that so I can always ask for her advice on wether I should continue on with RMPS is just drop it 🤷🏻*♀️

It’s fine honestly I was kind of finding the show a drag some parts were really good but all of the people and teams I liked where dropping like flys seriously I kind of sensed that Ellie was the quite type and didn’t really attention.
Reply 12
Oh and heres the powerpoints btw. It wouldn't let me upload them but if you sign in to glow, this should work, let me know if it doesn't.
https://glowscotland-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/wlmwilson500_glow_sch_uk/ElocKNzKT49JlEPJS8ttZ5YBoqbC3PALHMA7IX3Of7VKaw?e=xaKFTB
Glow??
Attachment not found
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Oh sorry I thought Glow was a nation wide thing, must just be something West Lothian Council use or something like that. We use it to access all the online resources our school has so we only have to login to one thing and then we have access to everything. I should be able to change a setting or something to allow anyone to access the powerpoints. I also have a booklet thing which I have uploaded as a word doc if you want it because it seems like its just powerpoints that you can't upload on here.
Yeah we certainly don’t use glow we use google classroom, our way teacher upload school work and past papers on there, thank you for the booklet.
Reply 16
Yeah we certainly don’t use glow we use google classroom, our way teacher upload school work and past papers on there, thank you for the booklet.

I've never heard of Google classroom but it sounds like Microsoft Teams which is what our teachers upoad home/class work on to. We login to glow and from there we can access teams and other online resources without having to login again because we logged in to glow if that makes sense. Not that it really matters. I'll let you know when I've found the setting that makes that link work without a login :smile: Oh yeah theres not as many powerpoints as I thought there were - theres only 4 that I can find just now - one on each of the aims of punishment (deterence, retribution, reformation & protection) but they should still be useful along with the booklet.
Original post by mjw293
I've never heard of Google classroom but it sounds like Microsoft Teams which is what our teachers upoad home/class work on to. We login to glow and from there we can access teams and other online resources without having to login again because we logged in to glow if that makes sense. Not that it really matters. I'll let you know when I've found the setting that makes that link work without a login :smile: Oh yeah theres not as many powerpoints as I thought there were - theres only 4 that I can find just now - one on each of the aims of punishment (deterence, retribution, reformation & protection) but they should still be useful along with the booklet.

Google classroom is used on your google account we all have our school emails and our teachers give us codes to the online classrooms and we can ask them Wednesday they can put deadlines up there it is really useful, I will ask if we use glow but I don’t think we do 🙂 thank you for the help!
Reply 18
tbh im not that bothered you don't have to ask your teachers unless you want to. I was just explaining glow but went into way to much detail haha
Reply 19
heres the link for the powerpoints, you'll probably have to do it on a computer though http://bit.ly/2T3YwcF

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending