The Student Room Group

Applied Science Unit 1 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EJS145
I honestly have no clue for chemistry and physics, I tried with biology and I was off by a long shot. Didn’t think they’d include so much on cells...

Same!! It was kind of a shock to be honest the questions didn’t really balance out. Let’s hope for the best!
Reply 21
Chem wasn’t that bad. Apart from the 6 marker. Anyone else get 70% and 4.03g?
Reply 22
Original post by Jiiny
Chem wasn’t that bad. Apart from the 6 marker. Anyone else get 70% and 4.03g?

I got 70%
Original post by liz._x
I got 70%

Yeah I got 70% too
The physics was so hard.
Reply 25
Ffs that physics 6 marker was so hard.
Also what did everyone put for that tickbox question where the options were like 1/3 of a wavelength, 1/2 of a wavelength, one wavelength etc? i didnt even understand the question for that so i just went with one wavelength. i still dont understand what it was even asking me lol
Original post by YasudaSayo
Ffs that physics 6 marker was so hard.
Also what did everyone put for that tickbox question where the options were like 1/3 of a wavelength, 1/2 of a wavelength, one wavelength etc? i didnt even understand the question for that so i just went with one wavelength. i still dont understand what it was even asking me lol

Same but I just went with half a wavelength
Reply 27
I already got merit in the exam
I found it quite easy!! I found chemistry very hard I don’t even recall learning about redox reduction!!! :frown:
On the 6 marker I wrote about transverse and longitudinal waves, fingers crossed its right! On that other question I wrote half a wavelength I didn’t understand the question at all
Reply 30
Original post by Lollipop2000
I found it quite easy!! I found chemistry very hard I don’t even recall learning about redox reduction!!! :frown:

redox is when the atom gains oxygen, in the question you had to say that Al had 'been reduced because it gained oxygen' basically. Or at least I hope so :tongue:
Reply 31
I wrote that Fe was reduced because it’s oxidation state changed from +3 to 0
Reply 32
Original post by Lollipop2000
On the 6 marker I wrote about transverse and longitudinal waves, fingers crossed its right! On that other question I wrote half a wavelength I didn’t understand the question at all

You need to mention about standing waves and the resonance, sound waves are longitudinal waves, if you did a diagram on how waves are presented in harmonics and listed out antinodes and nodes then I think you would have made achievement around 3 marks, my answer may be incorrect but I don't recall transverse waves being based on the question where it said sound waves travelling through pipes.
Reply 33
How did everyone find unit 3? I thought it was really good apart from the page on the y=mc stuff.
Reply 34
Original post by Jiiny
How did everyone find unit 3? I thought it was really good apart from the page on the y=mc stuff.

You started unit 3? Is this the 2019 version?
Reply 35
Original post by _kaito_
You started unit 3? Is this the 2019 version?

Yeah I just did my exam today.
I was so happy that the stuff I wasn't comfortable in didn't come up
Reply 37
Did anyone else get something like 62.4 for the amount of hours question ?
Original post by Selflovez
Yesss!

What about the structure of the myelin sheath that was pretty hard and then the white blood cell like the structure of the neutrophil I forgot totally my mind went blank

yea I wrote how it insulates the axon by wrapping around it
Original post by Jiiny
Did anyone else get something like 62.4 for the amount of hours question ?

i got 6.5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending