The Student Room Group

Plagerism

Just found out my plagiarism percentage was 72%(mostly because of the appendix) but would I fail?
they look at the percentage but also what has been highlighted, everyone will have a highlighted appendix so it shouldnt be a problem unless theres something else that has obviously been copied!
"plagerism"...
If you have to follow the appendix format that your course instructor has given you then there's no harm in many people having the same appendix. It usually happened with me when I had to make lab reports. We were divided into 4 groups and the report is 5-7 pages only. My plagerism peaked at 68 percent. Our instructor was totally fine. Has the other group have the same plagerism percentage? Make sure you email your professor to let him/her know about the situation.
72% is very high, to the point, where most of it is copied from someone else's work.. I would speak with your lecturer to discuss it to see what the implications are. I'm assuming this at university, in particular for the one I attend, we're only permitted to go up to 15%.
Reply 5
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
If you have to follow the appendix format that your course instructor has given you then there's no harm in many people having the same appendix. It usually happened with me when I had to make lab reports. We were divided into 4 groups and the report is 5-7 pages only. My plagerism peaked at 68 percent. Our instructor was totally fine. Has the other group have the same plagerism percentage? Make sure you email your professor to let him/her know about the situation.

I did, he was calm with it but that 72% looks wayyyy too much. Do you know how I could decrease it next time I have an assignment?
Original post by Anonymous
I did, he was calm with it but that 72% looks wayyyy too much. Do you know how I could decrease it next time I have an assignment?

Submit your assignment before anyone else. I always did that and plagerism was much less.
Reply 7
Submit your assignment before anyone else. I always did that and plagerism was much less.

How would you know who submitted it tho? And it’ll still compare it with others right?
How would you know who submitted it tho? And it’ll still compare it with others right?

I used to have my group members keep an eye on how's submitting the paper lol. So we submit it like week before deadline haha. Yes turnitin compares it to all the assignments that were submitted.
Reply 9
I used to have my group members keep an eye on how's submitting the paper lol. So we submit it like week before deadline haha. Yes turnitin compares it to all the assignments that were submitted.

I might have to start doing that :/
I might have to start doing that :/

Work smart, not hard :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending