The Student Room Group
What grades are you predicted? If they're all 7s and above then I'll recommend some grammar schools. I don't know much about Birmingham comprehensive schools. Also, are you considering private schools?
Reply 2
I’m predict 7’s in everything but maths and pe, I’m predicted a 9 in maths and pe. There isn’t many good grammar schools round here. Nah, I’m not considering private schools.
Reply 3
Original post by Infinite Series
What grades are you predicted? If they're all 7s and above then I'll recommend some grammar schools. I don't know much about Birmingham comprehensive schools. Also, are you considering private schools?

I’m predict 7’s in everything but maths and pe, I’m predicted a 9 in maths and pe. There isn’t many good grammar schools round here. Nah, I’m not considering private schools.
Original post by Amy.12569

There isn’t many good grammar schools round here??? Eh? Birmingham is stuffed with them!!! Alternatively look at colleges of FE - some grammar schools won’t do business studies - but, I have to say, o the strength of your predicted grades I would absolutely NOT advise doing 4 A levels and I certainly wouldn’t advise business and Economics - choose Economics as it is a far more respected A level by all universities and drop business (they are too similar and you do not need more than 3 A levels - if you take 4 you run the risk of getting Uni offers based on 4). Our school is a grammar school and would only let people do 4 A levels if they get a minimum of 8 grade 8s.
Reply 5
Original post by Simbasoul
There isn’t many good grammar schools round here??? Eh? Birmingham is stuffed with them!!! Alternatively look at colleges of FE - some grammar schools won’t do business studies - but, I have to say, o the strength of your predicted grades I would absolutely NOT advise doing 4 A levels and I certainly wouldn’t advise business and Economics - choose Economics as it is a far more respected A level by all universities and drop business (they are too similar and you do not need more than 3 A levels - if you take 4 you run the risk of getting Uni offers based on 4). Our school is a grammar school and would only let people do 4 A levels if they get a minimum of 8 grade 8s.

I applied for alcester grammar and they expect 4 Alevels for the first year and you can drop them after the second year if your really struggling and I applied to Tudor grange academy in Solihull but instead of doing an enrichment I picked a 4th a level. But I just want some more options as I’m not 100% sure if I want to go to either of them yet. And ok thank you, what good grammar schools would you recommend round Birmingham?
I applied for alcester grammar and they expect 4 Alevels for the first year and you can drop them after the second year if your really struggling and I applied to Tudor grange academy in Solihull but instead of doing an enrichment I picked a 4th a level. But I just want some more options as I’m not 100% sure if I want to go to either of them yet. And ok thank you, what good grammar schools would you recommend round Birmingham?

If you are that side - Camp Hill Girls. Off hand, can’t remember if any of the following are boys only but you have KES Birmingham, KES 5ways, Bishops Vesey, KES Aston - you could look at Shottery in Stratford as well - or colleges - but please do rethink business and Economics - that is a complete waste!

I know you're new to TSR, so click the reply button underneath the name of any user you're replying to otherwise they won't see the message :smile:

Top Grammar schools that girls can attend in order of preference (in my opinion):

King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Girls

King Edward VI Five Ways School

King Edward VI Handsworth School for Girls

I have friends at KE Aston and Bishop Veseys who say their schools aren't as good as the above.
(edited 5 years ago)
You need to apply to the sixth forms as soon as possible as most of then have deadlines around this time. I think Five Ways has already closed.
However, don't be too upset if you missed any deadlines because if you get a lot of A*s on results day then you can phone up any of the schools and request a place.
Hi I currently am in year 11 and struggling to find a good sixth form to go to. I would like to study maths, economics, business and physical education. I would prefer it to be in Birmingham as that’s easier for me and I don’t want to go to my schools sixth form. Anyone have any recommendations for good sixth forms in Birmingham?

Thank you in advance:smile:

try applying to University Of Birmingham School Sixth form
Hi I currently am in year 11 and struggling to find a good sixth form to go to. I would like to study maths, economics, business and physical education. I would prefer it to be in Birmingham as that’s easier for me and I don’t want to go to my schools sixth form. Anyone have any recommendations for good sixth forms in Birmingham?

Thank you in advance:smile:

-solihull sixth form
-waverly sixth form
-bordesly green girls school sixth form
-joseph chamberlin
-mosley school sixth form
-king edward vi sixth form
-st george sixth form
-bournvillie school
-queen marys sixth form
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest