The Student Room Group

What tf is wrong with this boy?

Hey
So there's this boy in my class he's 12, but I've noticed for a long time that he's been doing some "unusual things", like when we're in our form room, he would constantly be running to shut the door whenever someone opens it. Everyone would just stare and he would awkwardly walk back to his desk and pretend that nothing's happened. Also when we sit next to each other in lessons, we sometimes accidentally knock each other because he's right handed and I'm left, but then whenever this happens, he would touch the arm that was knocked, then the other arm and shake his hand up and down for like ten seconds, then repeat that soooooo many times. He would get so pissed whenever we knocked, like did I do something wrong here? Also, he's always walking up and down the corridors and does this again and again and again (just up and down and up and down) and I always wonder what he's doing because he's doing it alone. So, yeah, what do you think is wrong with him?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Is he overweight?
Original post by GracieVonderWal
Is he overweight?

No...
Reply 3
Obsessive compulsive disorder.

Best guess from what you've described. Could also be a neurological disorder of course. But OCD is the best bet.

Not his fault.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TommyDH
Obsessive compulsive disorder.

Best guess from what you've described. Could also be a neurological disorder of course. But OCD is the best bet.

Not his fault.

i swear that's washing ur hands and ****
Reply 5
Original post by FreefallSkies
Hey
So there's this boy in my class he's 12, but I've noticed for a long time that he's been doing some "unusual things", like when we're in our form room, he would constantly be running to shut the door whenever someone opens it. Everyone would just stare and he would awkwardly walk back to his desk and pretend that nothing's happened. Also when we sit next to each other in lessons, we sometimes accidentally knock each other because he's right handed and I'm left, but then whenever this happens, he would touch the arm that was knocked, then the other arm and shake his hand up and down for like ten seconds, then repeat that soooooo many times. He would get so pissed whenever we knocked, like did I do something wrong here? Also, he's always walking up and down the corridors and does this again and again and again (just up and down and up and down) and I always wonder what he's doing because he's doing it alone. So, yeah, what do you think is wrong with him?

Ocd or autistic.
Reply 6
i swear that's washing ur hands and ****

Nope. People with OCD can have compulsive memories. Or they can have a compulsion to close doors as having them open creates intense feelings of anxiety and pain etc. Exactly what you're describing.

It's either OCD or a neurological disorder but since the latter is much more rare than the former my best guess from your description is the former.

Really not his fault. A little understanding will go a long way.
Original post by TommyDH
Nope. People with OCD can have compulsive memories. Or they can have a compulsion to close doors as having them open creates intense feelings of anxiety and pain etc. Exactly what you're describing.

It's either OCD or a neurological disorder but since the latter is much more rare than the former my best guess from your description is the former.

Really not his fault. A little understanding will go a long way.

I didn't describe anything lol i didn't post this but okay+ how can havin a door open hurt you? ROFL :banana:
We are not his psychiatrist to try and diagnose him. Why does it matter what's wrong with him? He could be influenced by a variety of different conditions. Just accept he is different and be understanding and don't try to figure him out.
I didn't describe anything lol i didn't post this but okay+ how can havin a door open hurt you? ROFL :banana:

Are you being intentionally dense?

Ah you're right, it's late I lose track.

Also it can't, that's why it's called a 'disorder', as it isn't normal behaviour and is caused by an underlying psychological issue.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Mr Optimist
Are you being intentionally dense?

no idek what that means
Original post by TommyDH

Also I literally told you how. Did the 'disorder' part not give it away?

idk but it would be funny to see some1 going ooooooo ouchhh whenever the door's open ygm?
no idek what that means

That's okay, get back to me when you finally manage to attain the ability to figure out my question.
Original post by Mr Optimist
That's okay, get back to me when you finally manage to attain the ability to figure out my question.

mkay m8y
Reply 15
definitely sounds like OCD

it comes in many different forms, sometimes really extreme forms. I used to be a little bit like this when I was younger. everything had to be precise and done in a pattern.
idk but it would be funny to see some1 going ooooooo ouchhh whenever the door's open ygm?

Ironically that means you have a disorder of your own making you the same as him.

Now that's amusing.
Original post by TommyDH
Ironically that means you have a disorder of your own making you the same as him.

Now that's amusing.

haha
i'm not special though
at least my stomach don't start hurting when the door's open or i start to have a spaz when someone touches me lmao. like oh s*** tey just touched me it's the end of the world blah blah blah.
Original post by TommyDH

Also it can't, that's why it's called a 'disorder', as it isn't normal behaviour and is caused by an underlying psychological issue.

oh, so is that contagious?:s-smilie:
haha
i'm not special though
at least my stomach don't start hurting when the door's open or i start to have a spaz when someone touches me lmao. like oh s*** tey just touched me it's the end of the world blah blah blah.

Debatable. Aspergers Disorder often displays very similar traits to sociopathy, so you could actually be the former instead of the latter - making you much more 'special' than he.

People with OCD often end up successful and happy. They're aware of their disorder and so seek help for it and do just fine.

Unfortunately those with your particular disorder (if the latter) often end up alone, in prison or dead. This is because they are unaware of their disorder and so carries it to its inevitable conclusion.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending