The Student Room Group

ex-bf messing with my head, wants me then doesn't

my ex-bf broke up with me as he said he had no time for a relationship anymore due to work. I pleaded with him to fight for us and we could work something out, he said no and cut all contact with me, I left him alone and moved on. After a few weeks of the break up, I met someone else, and went on a few dates. As far as I was aware, my ex was gone, he cut me out of his life and I wanted some happiness finally and it got me out the house. A few weeks into me seeing the new guy my ex came back saying he made a mistake, wanted me back and to work on things with me. I broke things off with the new guy as I realised I still had feelings for ex and after a few weeks, asked him if he meant what he said about getting back together.

Now he says he feels different as I went on dates with another guy (note: NOTHING sexual happened, it was us getting to know each other and I've told him this). He knew I was seeing the other guy AS he said he wanted to get back together with me, so clearly the dates weren't bothering him then. I don't understand? HE dumped ME. HE cut all contact with ME. I moved on as I'm allowed and single, if he cared so much about me dating another guy, maybe he shouldn't have dumped me. He gets to come back, mess with my head and say he wants to give us another chance. Now he's getting what he wanted, all of a sudden he says he's too busy with work again and doesn't like that I went on dates.
Reply 1
He doesn't want you, he just doesn't want other people to have you. Which means he doesn't want you to be happy, which means you should have nothing to do with him. That simple really.

If he wanted you he wouldn't have dumped you in the first place.
Reply 2
Original post by TommyDH
He doesn't want you, he just doesn't want other people to have you. Which means he doesn't want you to be happy, which means you should have nothing to do with him. That simple really.

If he wanted you he wouldn't have dumped you in the first place.

you're absolutely right. He was well aware I was seeing another guy when he came back, and that's when he wanted me the most and proposed we get back together. As soon as I ended things with the new guy and was single again, he's back to being too busy or now 'I feel different you went on dates with someone else'.. didn't seem to bother him much before until I said I was ready to get back together. Excuses.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
you're absolutely right. He was well aware I was seeing another guy when he came back, and that's when he wanted me the most and proposed we get back together. As soon as I ended things with the new guy and was single again, he's back to being too busy or now 'I feel different you went on dates with someone else'.. didn't seem to bother him much before until I said I was ready to get back together. Excuses.

It sounds like you'll be better off without. Life's too short to wait around. Hope you move on and find happiness :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by TommyDH
It sounds like you'll be better off without. Life's too short to wait around. Hope you move on and find happiness :smile:

thank you very much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest