The Student Room Group

Access to HE and Advanced Learner Loans

I am looking to do an Access to HE prior to going on to university (either science, psychology or business). I have been out of the studying game for several years and feel rusty getting back into studying. I have never applied for an advanced learner loan before from Student Finance England and never applied for a Higher Education funding from Student Finance England.Is it true that previous qualifications obtained does not prevent me from successfully applying for and obtaining my first Advanced Learner Loan for an Access to HE i.e science, business, health studies etc. Can I also have my first advanced Learner loan paid off if I already have an Access to HE qualification awarded back in 2003/4.I already completed an Access to HE in Health in 2003 (self funded) and was awarded a Diploma of Higher Education in Health Care Studies in 2007 (NHS funded). I passed my GCSE's Maths and english in 2014.
Original post by MIY
I am looking to do an Access to HE prior to going on to university (either science, psychology or business). I have been out of the studying game for several years and feel rusty getting back into studying. I have never applied for an advanced learner loan before from Student Finance England and never applied for a Higher Education funding from Student Finance England.Is it true that previous qualifications obtained does not prevent me from successfully applying for and obtaining my first Advanced Learner Loan for an Access to HE i.e science, business, health studies etc. Can I also have my first advanced Learner loan paid off if I already have an Access to HE qualification awarded back in 2003/4.I already completed an Access to HE in Health in 2003 (self funded) and was awarded a Diploma of Higher Education in Health Care Studies in 2007 (NHS funded). I passed my GCSE's Maths and english in 2014.

Hello,

When you apply for an Advanced Learner Loan, we don’t take in to account any previous further education, unless it was funded by Advanced Learner Loans.

If you take a Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) approved Higher Education (HE) Access Diploma course funded by Advanced Learner Loans and then complete a HE course, the remaining balance of your loan, including interest, will be written off. The Learning Provider will be able to confirm whether their course is QAA approved.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending