The Student Room Group

Annual Income Question

Hello,

I have a question about student finance.

When considering postgraduate loan repayments, please can you advise what is taken into account when calculating your annual income.

I am due to retire soon, and am considering doing a masters course after retirement.

Will the pension payments that I receive be included in my annual income?

Thanks
Original post by Malderton
Hello,

I have a question about student finance.

When considering postgraduate loan repayments, please can you advise what is taken into account when calculating your annual income.

I am due to retire soon, and am considering doing a masters course after retirement.

Will the pension payments that I receive be included in my annual income?

Thanks

The Postgraduate Loan isn't income assessed. However you have to be under 60 at the start of your course to be eligible for the course (https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility )
Reply 2
Thanks for the rely.I understand I will be eligible for the course and the loan, as I am under 60.My question relates to the repayments once I have taken the loan.Do pension payments count towards your annual income used to decide when you start making repayments?Thanks.
Original post by Malderton
Thanks for the rely.I understand I will be eligible for the course and the loan, as I am under 60.My question relates to the repayments once I have taken the loan.Do pension payments count towards your annual income used to decide when you start making repayments?Thanks.

Hello,

I would suggest you call our Repayments Team on 0300 100 0611, they will be able to assist with your query.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am 8pm and 9am- 4pm on Saturday.

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending