The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmith Computing test.

Has anyone who went to Goldsmith University part take in a short maths and problem solving test. If so please let me know what to expect and what do I need to learn or have knowledge before going for the test. Thanks. I am applying for the foundation year integrated degree( computer Science.
Heya, I've just popped this in the goldsmiths, university of london forum for you :h: Just going to tag their rep in too as they should be able to help you :woo: @Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Hey there,

This is something we're doing for the first time this year, so I don't know much about it! As you say, it will be testing your maths and general problem solving skills that will be necessary to succeed in the course. As we don't have any formal requirements for the programme, this is one of the ways we can be sure students are ready.

At the moment this is all I know. Good luck!! :cyber:

Original post by ismail1909
Has anyone who went to Goldsmith University part take in a short maths and problem solving test. If so please let me know what to expect and what do I need to learn or have knowledge before going for the test. Thanks. I am applying for the foundation year integrated degree( computer Science.
Is there a pass or fail scheme. Do you have to pass in order to do the foundation year. What's happens if you failed, would you get extra support or your not excepted onto the course.
Did you manage to find out if its hard or not ?
Original post by ismail1909
Is there a pass or fail scheme. Do you have to pass in order to do the foundation year. What's happens if you failed, would you get extra support or your not excepted onto the course.

Hey again,

So there isn't really a strict criteria in order to get onto the Foundation Year programme. The test is help the admissions tutor assess your current knowledge of problem solving and mathematics. Part of the reason we ask you to take this test is because some applicants who apply for our integrated degree (with foundation year) might be better suited to one of our three year degree despite not meeting the entrance requirements for those programmes.

Hope this help and best of luck in your test! :yy: :smile:

Thanks,

Aaron

- Goldsmiths University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending