The Student Room Group

Just finished Paper 1 of Edexcel IGCSE Physics 4PH0/1P

I found it quite well. I would say the hardest question was the last page There was nothing about moments and only one question about density. There probably will be a lot about moments and also the pressure density equation in paper 2.
Reply 1
What did you write in the resistance question
Reply 2
I messed up the radioactivity questions
Reply 3
Original post by Nimzlol
What did you write in the resistance question

It was the hardest one I think. I wrote that the gradient = 1/R. Resistance increases as voltage increases because as voltage increases current increases therefore temperature increases which means that the particles in the filament vibrate more which increases the resistance. I used data from the graph.
Reply 4
Original post by Eden124
I messed up the radioactivity questions

Sources: I wrote radon gas and cosmic radiation. The tube is the Geiger-Müller tube. The experiment: measure radiation without source. Repeat and take average. Measure with source. Repeat and take average. Subtract bg from answer. Final answer
Reply 5
What did you write for the question about what happens to the density of the material... ? I can’t remember exactly
Reply 6
Original post by Nimzlol
What did you write for the question about what happens to the density of the material... ? I can’t remember exactly

I wrote that the density of the material does not change because density is affected only by mass and volume. Then I quoted the density equation: d=m/V
Original post by RayaanK
I wrote that the density of the material does not change because density is affected only by mass and volume. Then I quoted the density equation: d=m/V

What are the grade boundaries ?
Reply 8
Just finished paper 2. It was very easy. The only hard question was the one about the transformer heating up.

They said that the transformer was 100% efficient.

Question:
The student notices that the transformer heats up a little. Explain what happens to the input voltage. Secondary current and voltage remain the same. (2)
Original post by RayaanK
Just finished paper 2. It was very easy. The only hard question was the one about the transformer heating up.

They said that the transformer was 100% efficient.

Question:
The student notices that the transformer heats up a little. Explain what happens to the input voltage. Secondary current and voltage remain the same. (2)

What did you write about the wavelength of sound waves?
Reply 10
Original post by Jonathan Ares

I wrote since the speed decreases and frequency remains constant, wavelength decreases because speed=freq*wavelength
Reply 11

What did you write for the transformer thing
Original post by RayaanK
I wrote since the speed decreases and frequency remains constant, wavelength decreases because speed=freq*wavelength

I wrote the same thing. Just hopin it’s correct!
Original post by RayaanK
What did you write for the transformer thing

The transformer is not much efficient now. Input current increases as resistance increases but input voltage remains same. Not sure it’s right duh
Reply 14
The transformer is not much efficient now. Input current increases as resistance increases but input voltage remains same. Not sure it’s right duh

I wrote that but then I crossed it out and wrote that it remains the same because they said that secondary current and voltage remain the same
Reply 15

You got it right! I got it wrong 😭. I wrote that but then crossed it out8BEB0A80-34D6-4D6B-B106-805F0A29B2A2.png
Yo who does this now 😂😂😂 it’s 4PH1. A new crappy syllabus
Reply 17
Original post by NebularCortex2
Yo who does this now 😂😂😂 it’s 4PH1. A new crappy syllabus

Bruh look at the date lol. You're like a year late.

Quick Reply

Latest