The Student Room Group

GCSE Creative Imedia

Anyone who has done/is Doing this please help. Is this a good idea to take , what do you do in it. Is it bad that it is an OCR not GCSE .
Original post by Lilysmithxoxo
Anyone who has done/is Doing this please help. Is this a good idea to take , what do you do in it. Is it bad that it is an OCR not GCSE .

:hello: Hi there!
Have you had a look at some textbooks? Or scoured the web for some revision materials/guides on the topic - it may give you an idea of the sorts of themes/ideas looked at in the GCSE :smile:

Otherwise, popped your thread into GCSEs and :bump:
Reply 2
I prsume it is this Cambridge National https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/cambridge-nationals/creative-imedia-level-1-2-award-certificate-j807-j817/ - (OCR is an exam board that offers Cambridge Nationals and GCSEs, among other things so it's not called 'an OCR') but I'm afraid I don't know anything about it.
Original post by Lilysmithxoxo

I mean it’s good to do it as it gives employers an idea that you know something about making PowerPoints and documents etc.
its 75% course work with 3 coursework and an exam which tbh is not hard to do as i only revised a day for it and am expecting 30-40 marks on it and the coursework is long and boring but the beginning is fun when you make PowerPoints and stuff with master slide but it’s the write up that is terribly boring. It’s a good qualification to have overall
Original post by ArtmisKco
I mean it’s good to do it as it gives employers an idea that you know something about making PowerPoints and documents etc.
its 75% course work with 3 coursework and an exam which tbh is not hard to do as i only revised a day for it and am expecting 30-40 marks on it and the coursework is long and boring but the beginning is fun when you make PowerPoints and stuff with master slide but it’s the write up that is terribly boring. It’s a good qualification to have overall

Thank you , did you do things like digital graphics , making websites and digital video type things. That is how it was described in an options booklet , but didn’t give much detail.
Yes we did make websites for advertisement stuff and the videos that I made were a small part of the course and were just pictures given by teachers and I had to make them into a video. Happy to help if you have any questions!
Reply 6
I think it is quite good as it is mainly course work so it’s a break from other harder subjects as you don’t have a stressful exam whilst doing your GCSEs and it is quite fun as well so I would recommend it if you are interested.
Reply 7
Hi I am name Vienna and I am in year 9 and I am looking for creative i media in GCSE so what do you have to do in the Creative i Media in GCSE.
coursework
Reply 9
bob
Original post by CAT24681
Hi I am name Vienna and I am in year 9 and I am looking for creative i media in GCSE so what do you have to do in the Creative i Media in GCSE.

stuff
no
Original post by Sieno
I think it is quite good as it is mainly course work so it’s a break from other harder subjects as you don’t have a stressful exam whilst doing your GCSEs and it is quite fun as well so I would recommend it if you are interested.

im doing it rn and it is a pain

Quick Reply

Latest