The Student Room Group

Dropped out of uni twice, am I eligible for a degree apprenticeship?

I am currently seeking a degree apprenticeships in digital marketing. I have been shortlisted for one. I am very excited about it, and looking forward to the interview.

However, I have some concerns and Google is not answering them. I signed up to TSR and thought someone knowledgeable on here could help.

I dropped out of university twice during the first year. I don't think I have level 4 qualifications though, as I left early/half-way. I did training (non-apprenticeship) last year, which was funded by BUPA and the Lottery Fund. I was given a copy of my student learner record, which didn't hold any level 4 qualifications. Just my GCSEs, Level 1 & 2s and BTEC Level 3.

I regret dropping out. I was young. I wasn't ready for higher education. I was determined to complete on my second try, after a one-year break, at another university. This time, a HND instead of a BA. I was really enjoying it this time. This was it- finally! I was on the right path. Unfortunately, my best friend passed away and I didn't have the tools to cope at that age. Shortly after, my grandma passed, who was my guardian for most of my life. I was a mess, but it gave me the strength and perseverance I have now.

I am ready now, and really want to enter a degree apprenticeship. I want this more than anything. The question is, am I eligible for a degree apprenticeship?
Original post by cloak
I am currently seeking a degree apprenticeships in digital marketing. I have been shortlisted for one. I am very excited about it, and looking forward to the interview.

However, I have some concerns and Google is not answering them. I signed up to TSR and thought someone knowledgeable on here could help.

I dropped out of university twice during the first year. I don't think I have level 4 qualifications though, as I left early/half-way. I did training (non-apprenticeship) last year, which was funded by BUPA and the Lottery Fund. I was given a copy of my student learner record, which didn't hold any level 4 qualifications. Just my GCSEs, Level 1 & 2s and BTEC Level 3.

I regret dropping out. I was young. I wasn't ready for higher education. I was determined to complete on my second try, after a one-year break, at another university. This time, a HND instead of a BA. I was really enjoying it this time. This was it- finally! I was on the right path. Unfortunately, my best friend passed away and I didn't have the tools to cope at that age. Shortly after, my grandma passed, who was my guardian for most of my life. I was a mess, but it gave me the strength and perseverance I have now.

I am ready now, and really want to enter a degree apprenticeship. I want this more than anything. The question is, am I eligible for a degree apprenticeship?

A degree apprenticeship is paid for by the employer. It isnt to do with student funding.

The employer will have their own job criteria and if you meet those then you would be eligible. I wouldnt worry.

You would probably be eligible to apply for a normal degree as well of you made a special application.

Quick Reply

Latest