The Student Room Group

Year 11 desperation. CeciltheLlama's GyG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mez_merising
personal statement?! already-

we just had an assembly at school today where they were like if you haven't done this stuff your heart being lazy soooo...
Original post by CeciltheLlama
we just had an assembly at school today where they were like if you haven't done this stuff your heart being lazy soooo...

wowwwww omg
Hello again!

So, it's been quite a week this week. I have found out some of my mock results (but only marks) and I am going to find out grades on Tuesday next week. Ooh I am actually quite excited. Although I know English went horribly but let's just forget about that car crash....

I have found out my mark for science- I got 90/100 on biology, 83/100 on chemistry, and 70/100 on physics. I am really happy with chem and biol but physics could be better ngl. So sciences went well (finally something in my life going well omg). Oh and maths went good, I think? I got 64 on paper 1, 54 on paper 2 and 63 on paper 3 (all out of 80 and I do higher Edexcel btw) so that is a total of 181 and everyone in my class seems to think that is an 8 so yayayayayay.

As for the rest of my subjects I will just have to wait til Tuesday.

I feel quite good atm actually oddly motivated so that's nice. But also like why was I not like this before my mocks fjdjddhdbbdjsikdbfjcnnfnn. I am practicing guitar wayyyy more than usual so another upside. I suppose it just goes to show that it does work out most of the time. For the first time in a while I am feeling quite positive which is nice.

Other stuff that happened this week ermmm.... Oh yeah my guitar ensemble are doing a big event with this famous guitarist.... Book club book is mediocre.... (Graceling sorry if you like it).... Christmas performance is on weds and Tues and I actually know the chords omg finally.... Thought I was doing ncs but I can't cos I'm going camping and panicking about Christmas presents I haven't bought argjhhhh helplfnnfdodnejr.

Sorry that this is so ramble-y but it's just how my mind works sooooo.

Oh and I just thought btw my name isn't Cecil and I'm a girl called (ooh I have an opportunity to change my name hmmmm....) Lilly which isn't so far from the truth but I'm paranoid so yeah...

Oh and the song of the week is.... Bobbi's Second World by The Orielles because I love this song and I can't think of anything else.

Anyway byee

Tags :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 63
Were your sciences edexcel 2018? Grats on those scores you beat me by 3 marks in chemistry t lol
Original post by Cov3rt
Were your sciences edexcel 2018? Grats on those scores you beat me by 3 marks in chemistry t lol

no I do AQA we did paper 1 which is like the calculations, acids, bonds and redox reactions etc. is Edexcel much different?

Also are you also the kind of person when you get your paper back where you look through it and just face palm throughout? cos I did a lot of that. Especially in maths because I put 72/12 = 4.5 in the non calc. Grats on 80 btw. 🎉
Reply 65
I don't think so most of paper 1 was just maths - I made a load of stupid mistakes as well. Here's to more great results
Reply 66
Maths I really did mess up on the third paper edexcel got 60 then 60 then 39
omgggg congrats on those science scores they are absolutely bloomin fabulous!!!
Original post by Cov3rt
Maths I really did mess up on the third paper edexcel got 60 then 60 then 39

I wouldn't worry about paper three and tbh you didn't mess up that bad 😃 it's only the mocks after all
omgggg congrats on those science scores they are absolutely bloomin fabulous!!!

Thank you so much. I am genuinely quite proud of myself the only problem is that I don't think I did the same across the board 😱😨
Original post by cecilthellama
hello again!

So, it's been quite a week this week. I have found out some of my mock results (but only marks) and i am going to find out grades on tuesday next week. Ooh i am actually quite excited. Although i know english went horribly but let's just forget about that car crash....

I have found out my mark for science- i got 90/100 on biology, 83/100 on chemistry, and 70/100 on physics. I am really happy with chem and biol but physics could be better ngl. So sciences went well (finally something in my life going well omg). Oh and maths went good, i think? I got 64 on paper 1, 54 on paper 2 and 63 on paper 3 (all out of 80 and i do higher edexcel btw) so that is a total of 181 and everyone in my class seems to think that is an 8 so yayayayayay.

As for the rest of my subjects i will just have to wait til tuesday.

I feel quite good atm actually oddly motivated so that's nice. But also like why was i not like this before my mocks fjdjddhdbbdjsikdbfjcnnfnn. I am practicing guitar wayyyy more than usual so another upside. I suppose it just goes to show that it does work out most of the time. For the first time in a while i am feeling quite positive which is nice.

Other stuff that happened this week ermmm.... Oh yeah my guitar ensemble are doing a big event with this famous guitarist.... Book club book is mediocre.... (graceling sorry if you like it).... Christmas performance is on weds and tues and i actually know the chords omg finally.... Thought i was doing ncs but i can't cos i'm going camping and panicking about christmas presents i haven't bought argjhhhh helplfnnfdodnejr.

Sorry that this is so ramble-y but it's just how my mind works sooooo.

Oh and i just thought btw my name isn't cecil and i'm a girl called (ooh i have an opportunity to change my name hmmmm....) lilly which isn't so far from the truth but i'm paranoid so yeah...

Oh and the song of the week is.... Bobbi's second world by the orielles because i love this song and i can't think of anything else.

Anyway byee

tags :smile:

Spoiler

wig gone. You did so well omg well done those grades gave me a heartattack. My chest loool but you did amazing :smile:)
Original post by huda122
wig gone. You did so well omg well done those grades gave me a heartattack. My chest loool but you did amazing :smile:)

thanks 😃
Hellllloooooooo!

Happy new year everyone! Hope it's a better one, do you?

I would have posted in the last two weeks (wait... three hgugjrjgnj) but I couldn't be bothered so sorry for that.

I thought I would say my grades from my mocks first then as I got them so long ago. Sorry.....

Spoiler

I would say that I am very happy with my results but a bit disappointed with English (but not surprised) although I have just accepted now that I will always do a bit worse in English and with other results like that I haven't really got anything to complain about. As long as I pass I will be happy and if I manage to the get a 7 in both that will be brill. :smile:

I am back to school tomorrow so I thought I would update this before I shoved all of my school stuff in my bag. I think the holidays went quite well as I had done all my homework long before today so the panic was reduced considerably. I still didn't revise enough French for my speaking exam on Tuesday but oh well. Also, I haven't scripted my speech for my speaking exam in English but I have got a very good idea of what I want so I know it will be fine.

I just can't be proud that I have got through my mocks and only had like one breakdown lol. They are all finished though! *does a little victory dance* :banana:Well done to all other Y11s. :five::hugs:

Hope everyone's Christmas went brill and here's to a SLAMMIN' new year (wow cringe)

Byeeeeeee.....

Tags :smile: (if you want to be tagged just ask)

Spoiler

I wrote this on Sunday night and tbh I am pretty baffled as to why I haven't found time to post this yet. Sorry it's so late.

Hi y'all!

I think it has been a pretty good week. I found out my English literature result. I got a 6. I am not too happy with that but I know that I did not put too much effort into that so hopefully I will do better with some more revision. I am currently trying to aim for a 7 in both English language and Lit.

And you know what, I've been a lot more productive this week. Today I have done quite a substantial amount of English poetry work and yesterday I did all my homework. I may be speaking too soon but I think this year will go quite well (fingers crossed). This year I am going to try and do as much revision as I can. Woooooo! It's gonna be soooo much fun... Oh well.

In class at the moment, we are doing Cold Environments in Geography, Christian beliefs in RS, finishing Poetry in English, revision in Biology, Chemistry and Maths; the last topics for crime and punishment in History and Electromagnets and magnets in Physics etc. I am slightly calmed by the number of revision classes that I have

Tbh Physics is stressing me out a bit because the date when we finish the course is getting further and further away. It's a bit awkward when we finished the biology and chemistry courses way before the October half term... me and my friends are a little irritated about this but there is nothing we can do. Oh and RS is behind because my English teacher was teaching our RS lessons and he took it upon himself to cancel every RS lesson and deliver an English one instead... (Calm calm zen breathe) dgbjrbgiqubgji.

I'm in book club at school (I think I have said this before but oh well) I just read Perks of Being a Wallflower and I thought it was pretty good. well ish... I'm starting Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley and I have to finish it by Tuesday so lots of reading for me this week.

Most people are talking about Prom atm and apparently, tickets are going to be like £30-£40 and the yearbook £20. Like Jesus I'm not made of money. It's made me think about when I leave school for good and even though I complain about school I honestly think I'm going to miss it. :')

I hope I do more revision next week, so fingers crossed.

Bye and see you next week (or maybe a post on parents evening?) and IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY goddamn it (I'm very annoyed at myself)

Also, just to say congrats to everyone for their mock results. You did really well! :smile:

Tags (if you want to be tagged just ask)

Spoiler

What awarding bodies are you with for your subjects? Maybe I could help with the English poetry? Also, don't worry about the speed at which you learn the content. You'll get there, eventually. :smile: We all do.
Original post by Tolgarda
What awarding bodies are you with for your subjects? Maybe I could help with the English poetry? Also, don't worry about the speed at which you learn the content. You'll get there, eventually. :smile: We all do.

We do Edexcel for English Lit and the conflict anthology. Thanks for the reassurance. 😃
I wrote this on Sunday night and tbh I am pretty baffled as to why I haven't found time to post this yet. Sorry it's so late.

Hi y'all!

I think it has been a pretty good week. I found out my English literature result. I got a 6. I am not too happy with that but I know that I did not put too much effort into that so hopefully I will do better with some more revision. I am currently trying to aim for a 7 in both English language and Lit.

And you know what, I've been a lot more productive this week. Today I have done quite a substantial amount of English poetry work and yesterday I did all my homework. I may be speaking too soon but I think this year will go quite well (fingers crossed). This year I am going to try and do as much revision as I can. Woooooo! It's gonna be soooo much fun... Oh well.

In class at the moment, we are doing Cold Environments in Geography, Christian beliefs in RS, finishing Poetry in English, revision in Biology, Chemistry and Maths; the last topics for crime and punishment in History and Electromagnets and magnets in Physics etc. I am slightly calmed by the number of revision classes that I have

Tbh Physics is stressing me out a bit because the date when we finish the course is getting further and further away. It's a bit awkward when we finished the biology and chemistry courses way before the October half term... me and my friends are a little irritated about this but there is nothing we can do. Oh and RS is behind because my English teacher was teaching our RS lessons and he took it upon himself to cancel every RS lesson and deliver an English one instead... (Calm calm zen breathe) dgbjrbgiqubgji.

I'm in book club at school (I think I have said this before but oh well) I just read Perks of Being a Wallflower and I thought it was pretty good. well ish... I'm starting Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley and I have to finish it by Tuesday so lots of reading for me this week.

Most people are talking about Prom atm and apparently, tickets are going to be like £30-£40 and the yearbook £20. Like Jesus I'm not made of money. It's made me think about when I leave school for good and even though I complain about school I honestly think I'm going to miss it. :':wink:

I hope I do more revision next week, so fingers crossed.

Bye and see you next week (or maybe a post on parents evening?) and IT WILL BE ON SUNDAY goddamn it (I'm very annoyed at myself)

Also, just to say congrats to everyone for their mock results. You did really well! :smile:

Tags (if you want to be tagged just ask)

Spoiler

ah yes, eng is a lil *****...
and omg yeah my prom was £45 n i dont even know how much the year book is aaand we're getting hoodies wow someone pls send me a money tree thanks x
ah yes, eng is a lil *****...
and omg yeah my prom was £45 n i dont even know how much the year book is aaand we're getting hoodies wow someone pls send me a money tree thanks x

Does your school also do yearbook quotes? Ours are optional
Does your school also do yearbook quotes? Ours are optional

mm we’re organising the yearbook ourselves so the school isn’t involved, but yeah we have quotes and ‘most likely to’ polls n old photos etc
We do Edexcel for English Lit and the conflict anthology.

I can help you, if you would like it. I also did that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending