The Student Room Group

GYG in A-level OCR Biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wooord
@Lemur14 Hi! Is it possible to get this moved to the GYG forum? Sorry, I couldn’t find it when I was choosing one. Thank you

Moved :smile: Sorry for the delay, haven't been on TSR on a computer for a couple of days so haven't been able to move threads :colondollar:
Original post by Lemur14
Moved :smile: Sorry for the delay, haven't been on TSR on a computer for a couple of days so haven't been able to move threads :colondollar:

Thank you very much!! It’s absolutely not a problem, I understand! :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)
Life update:
Dislocated my ****inggggg knee :frown: on Tuesday I’ve basically been in a lot of pain since and couldn’t revise. Its bruised and swollen. Came home early on Tuesday and didn’t go into sixth form on Wednesday or today. The pain has only gone down a little bit, because the painkillers kicked in. If I still can’t walk tomorrow morning then I will most likely take it off, and hopefully be back on track by Monday. I’ll be using the weekend to recover. Am I being overdramatic??? Probably 😁😁😁

Edit: Forgot to mention that my brother tore my favorite coat after I left it in his car.😔😔 it got trapped in the door when he shut it and instead of opening the door to retrieve it, he decided to PULL on it like some kind of child raised by wolves, and now it has a rip down the arm. RIP. Time to start looking for another one that will mask my insecurities..I’m clearly in a complaining mood 😤 sorryyyyy

@Megxn0
@Blackpanther93
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Wooord
Life update:
Dislocated my ****inggggg knee :frown: on Tuesday I’ve basically been in a lot of pain since and couldn’t revise. Its bruised and swollen. Came home early on Tuesday and didn’t go into sixth form on Wednesday or today. The pain has only gone down a little bit, because the painkillers kicked in. If I still can’t walk tomorrow morning then I will most likely take it off, and hopefully be back on track by Monday. I’ll be using the weekend to recover. Am I being overdramatic??? Probably 😁😁😁

Edit: Forgot to mention that my brother tore my favorite coat after I left it in his car.😔😔 it got trapped in the door when he shut it and instead of opening the door to retrieve it, he decided to PULL on it like some kind of child raised by wolves, and now it has a rip down the arm. RIP. Time to start looking for another one that will mask my insecurities..I’m clearly in a complaining mood 😤 sorryyyyy

@Megxn0
@Blackpanther93

Damn, I’m so sorry! You don’t deserve any of that. It’s a shame when terrible circumstances surround wonderful people.. I hope you feel better hun. Hopefully that brother of yours buys you a new coat!!
Original post by Wooord
14/1/19

What I’ve done so far today:

Spoiler

What I’m planning to do:

Spoiler

(Change of plan)

Spoiler

@Megxn0 @Blackpanther93

Transcription and translation are tough!! But there’s a great series of videos on YouTube that makes both subjects really easy!

Here’s a link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itsb2SqR-R0
The guys a dorky little f*ckin dweeb but that lil geeky 🤓 f*ck knows his bio! Check some other dna stuff out on his channel. I’ve always gotten a kick outta this stuff! Good luck! I would NOT wanna be in your shoes right now gurl. Keep that head up! Keep ya chest out. Shoulders back gurl. Push ya breasts out. Don’t stress out just knock the test out... no dizzout.. 🥶
Original post by HopefulAgony37
Damn, I’m so sorry! You don’t deserve any of that. It’s a shame when terrible circumstances surround wonderful people.. I hope you feel better hun. Hopefully that brother of yours buys you a new coat!!

Again, thank you sooo much 🥰 I honestly needed these kind words right now, when I’m feeling so unmotivated and useless. I promise I’m not always this negative, I’m just gonna blame it on pms, it just hasn’t been my week but it’s okay 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️

Transcription and translation are tough!! But there’s a great series of videos on YouTube that makes both subjects really easy!

Here’s a link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=itsb2SqR-R0
The guys a dorky little f*ckin dweeb but that lil geeky 🤓 f*ck knows his bio! Check some other dna stuff out on his channel. I’ve always gotten a kick outta this stuff! Good luck! I would NOT wanna be in your shoes right now gurl. Keep that head up! Keep ya chest out. Shoulders back gurl. Push ya breasts out. Don’t stress out just knock the test out... no dizzout.. 🥶

It’s is really difficult! Thank you sooo much for the link and your little pep talk❤️ I usually watch Khan Academy, but his vids don’t seem to go in to the detail that the exam board requires, so I’ll check it out. I watch crash course for philosophy, didn’t really know they did biology as well!!
Original post by Wooord
Again, thank you sooo much 🥰 I honestly needed these kind words right now, when I’m feeling so unmotivated and useless. I promise I’m not always this negative, I’m just gonna blame it on pms, it just hasn’t been my week but it’s okay 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️

It’s is really difficult! Thank you sooo much for the link and your little pep talk❤️ I usually watch Khan Academy, but his vids don’t seem to go in to the detail that the exam board requires, so I’ll check it out. I watch crash course for philosophy, didn’t really know they did biology as well!!

That video on the link and another literally taught me transcription and translation. At first they seem easy. Then you realize how detailed both processes are.. I read the text and still didn’t get it. Watched this dudes videos a couple times and I feel like I know it Perfectly.
But enough about me... let’s talk about you! :smile: Just wanted to say you’re welcome for my semi-negative pep talk and seriously, you do NOT need to deal with drama in your life hun. But do not apologize for venting. Venting the right way can be healthy, whereas the wrong way can be devastating. But on here, vent away!! And lastly, you may be unmotivated, but you are never useless... never... you’re the only YOU in the world. Please, never forget that. ❤️
Original post by Wooord
Life update:

@Megxn0
@Blackpanther93

sorry that happened to you sis. inshallah youll be all good soon and ready to suceed
Original post by Rainfall
sorry that happened to you sis. inshallah youll be all good soon and ready to suceed

Its okay, **** happens sometimes 🤷🏽*♀️ ameen and thank you, inshahallah we will both be smiling on results day, we got this xx<3
That video on the link and another literally taught me transcription and translation. At first they seem easy. Then you realize how detailed both processes are.. I read the text and still didn’t get it. Watched this dudes videos a couple times and I feel like I know it Perfectly.
But enough about me... let’s talk about you! :smile: Just wanted to say you’re welcome for my semi-negative pep talk and seriously, you do NOT need to deal with drama in your life hun. But do not apologize for venting. Venting the right way can be healthy, whereas the wrong way can be devastating. But on here, vent away!! And lastly, you may be unmotivated, but you are never useless... never... you’re the only YOU in the world. Please, never forget that. ❤️

So true, the text book i have is great, but I need someone to explain something to me in order to fully understand something. I’m Honestly feeling so much better mentally today, venting really helps, thank you, I need to this comment of yours when I’m feeling ****. :heart:
Reply 30
Original post by Wooord
Life update:

@Megxn0
@Blackpanther93

That sounds sooo painful:s: how did it happen, and get well soon :sad: a small break from studying might help you relax a little more and might mean you feel more refreshed and motivated on Monday Good luck babe
Original post by Wooord
Life update:

@Megxn0
@Blackpanther93

Oouchhh 😬 how long is that going to take to get better? Get well soon though. Coats are replaceable, kneecaps...not so much. U were probably worked about your injury which lead to you feeling more angry than usual about your coat
Original post by Megxn0
That sounds sooo painful:s: how did it happen, and get well soon :sad: a small break from studying might help you relax a little more and might mean you feel more refreshed and motivated on Monday Good luck babe

It was!! The pain isn’t THAT bad anymore, though. I really don’t know what I did differently that caused it, I was walking down the corridor to my lesson and I must have stepped differently or something or twisted it without realizing and I suddenly get this horrendous pain in my knee, so I rang my dad and went straight home 🙃 thank you doll, and that’s exactly what I’m hoping for xx

Original post by Blackpanther93
Oouchhh 😬 how long is that going to take to get better? Get well soon though. Coats are replaceable, kneecaps...not so much. U were probably worked about your injury which lead to you feeling more angry than usual about your coat

Ouch X10, I don’t know for sure. Doctor said it will take about a week. Google begs to differ and says it will take 6 weeks to heal... soo 🤷🏽*♀️ very true! I AM in fact very grateful for my kneecaps, they let me like, walk and stuff
22/1/18

What I did today

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Wooord
22/1/18

What I did today

Spoiler

3/10 is pretty high.

You will soon get back to your truly happy self in no time Inshallah. Just keep going, sis. Here for you, always:hugs::heart:
Original post by Rainfall
3/10 is pretty high.

You will soon get back to your truly happy self in no time Inshallah. Just keep going, sis. Here for you, always:hugs::heart:

Lol really? All I know is key words!
Thank you sooo much girliee, right back at ya :heart: 🥰
Reply 36
Original post by Wooord
22/1/18

What I did today

Spoiler

You forgot to tag me! And I’m planning on doing Biology for A-level, what do you think. I’m at a B right now for GCSEs. And I hope you feel like your funny-self soon :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Wooord
22/1/18

What I did today

Spoiler

Is this general revision for your summer exams? Because I would recommend starting now, especially with biology since it’s easily in the top 5 hardest A-levels!! How are you finding your other subjects?
Original post by Megxn0
You forgot to tag me! And I’m planning on doing Biology for A-level, what do you think. I’m at a B right now for GCSEs. And I hope you feel like your funny-self soon :smile:

Sorryyy, I didn’t think it was a important post, so I didn’t bother!! I don’t want to be annoying and tag over something petty lol. I’m going to give you my honest opinion and I don’t at all want to scare you away, but unless you A-level Biology is a requirement for the degree you want to do, then I wouldn’t recommend. Or unless you are realllyyy into it. There is so, so much content. It gets quite overwhelming for me. But then again, some people in my class love it, mainly because they truly have a passion for it. There is a **** load of content, and lots of keywords, and processes to grasp. I wish I could go back to year 12 and focus from the beginning, if i did that, I think I would be enjoying it much more! If you are committed, and interested in it, then go for it!!

Original post by Blackpanther93
Is this general revision for your summer exams? Because I would recommend starting now, especially with biology since it’s easily in the top 5 hardest A-levels!! How are you finding your other subjects?

It’s general revision:frown:((( I’m starting to stay back after sixth form to get it done, since I prefer revising with other people and yeppp!! Hard work starts now! And they are good, difficult, but good. No where near as hard as bio though! They are mainly essay based and writing is usually my strength :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending