The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

How long does Manchester Met take to reply to offers?

Hello!

I have received 4/5 offers from my university choices but Manchester Met still hasn’t replied to me, I applied a month ago. How long do they take to reply in everyone’s experiences?

Thank you! 😄x

Scroll to see replies

Original post by honelson1
Hello!

I have received 4/5 offers from my university choices but Manchester Met still hasn’t replied to me, I applied a month ago. How long do they take to reply in everyone’s experiences?

Thank you! 😄x

Ring them up and ask. A month isn't very long - and for some courses they might have been waiting until after the january deadline to start making decisions.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I'm in exactly the same position as you! I've had 4/5 offers so far but MMU is my last and I applied 05/12/18. I honestly thought that they'd be the first to get back to me as well, aha. I asked on the forum and they told me to email them which I did yesterday.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Ring them up and ask. A month isn't very long - and for some courses they might have been waiting until after the january deadline to start making decisions.

Thank you for replying so quickly, I might wait until February, and if I don’t receive an offer by then, ring and ask about the length of time it takes.
Thank you
Reply 4
Original post by AlmostLove
I'm in exactly the same position as you! I've had 4/5 offers so far but MMU is my last and I applied 05/12/18. I honestly thought that they'd be the first to get back to me as well, aha. I asked on the forum and they told me to email them which I did yesterday.

It’s weird because I’ve seen people on here get offers already for MMU, what have you applied for? :smile:
Thank you for replying so quickly, I might wait until February, and if I don’t receive an offer by then, ring and ask about the length of time it takes.
Thank you

You can ring and ask now - it's something that they should be able to tell you in less than a minute on the phone (and it might be that you've missed an email or letter inviting you to interview or similar).
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
You can ring and ask now - it's something that they should be able to tell you in less than a minute on the phone (and it might be that you've missed an email or letter inviting you to interview or similar).

okay I will do that tomorrow, thank you! what exactly do I ask ahahah I’m awful on the phone and just freeze.
It’s weird because I’ve seen people on here get offers already for MMU, what have you applied for? :smile:

English and Spanish, what about you? :smile:
Reply 8
English and Spanish, what about you? :smile:

I’ve chosen Psychology and Criminology aha 😊
I’ve chosen Psychology and Criminology aha 😊

Hopefully we'll hear something soon!
Reply 10

I know, seems strange that we haven’t because everywhere else has replied, where else have you applied for?
okay I will do that tomorrow, thank you! what exactly do I ask ahahah I’m awful on the phone and just freeze.

Have your ucas ID ready.

“Hi, my name is {NAME}. I applied for {course} on the DAY of December and I just wanted to check how long it normally takes for you to make a decision.

Don’t worry, almost every applicant I speak to on the phone is nervous to some extent. Just have your UCAS PID ready.
I know, seems strange that we haven’t because everywhere else has replied, where else have you applied for?

Liverpool, Nottingham, Sheffield and De Montfort. MMU was going to be my insurance but now I think I'm going to replace it with Nottingham since their offer seems achievable. I actually only got my other offers at the start of the year, so I was hoping to hear from MMU this week but I still haven't. It's kind of annoying waiting since they're the last one!
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
Have your ucas ID ready.

“Hi, my name is {NAME}. I applied for {course} on the DAY of December and I just wanted to check how long it normally takes for you to make a decision.

Thank you so much that’s so helpful!!
Reply 15
Liverpool, Nottingham, Sheffield and De Montfort. MMU was going to be my insurance but now I think I'm going to replace it with Nottingham since their offer seems achievable. I actually only got my other offers at the start of the year, so I was hoping to hear from MMU this week but I still haven't. It's kind of annoying waiting since they're the last one!

I know, considering we can choose our firm and insurance now but we have to wait for all our decisions beforehand. 🙄
Reply 16
Original post by Admit-One
Don’t worry, almost every applicant I speak to on the phone is nervous to some extent. Just have your UCAS PID ready.

Thank you very much
Reply 17

It’s ironic hahah i just received my offer from Man Met just now!!
It’s ironic hahah i just received my offer from Man Met just now!!

Haha, that is ironic! Congrats! :h:
Reply 19
Haha, that is ironic! Congrats! :h:

Thank you! I hope you get your offer soon!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending