The Student Room Group

ID

HI, i have an Austrian student ID with the manipulated age to get in Clubs. Im now in England and all my friends turned 18. If I use my Austrian student ID and it dont work will it be a criminal offence? Im will not buy alcohol only getting in the nightclub
Original post by LOL007
HI, i have an Austrian student ID with the manipulated age to get in Clubs. Im now in England and all my friends turned 18. If I use my Austrian student ID and it dont work will it be a criminal offence? Im will not buy alcohol only getting in the nightclub

Student ID isn't accepted for clubs, you won't be getting in.

There's no provision for just going in and not buying alcohol, obviously you can't check people's ID once they're inside and drinks could be passed around so under 18s are forbidden from entering clubs in the first place.
Original post by LOL007
(Original post by jameswhughes)Student ID isn't accepted for clubs, you won't be getting in.

There's no provision for just going in and not buying alcohol, obviously you can't check people's ID once they're inside and drinks could be passed around so under 18s are forbidden from entering clubs in the first place.

Thanks for your quick answer. But if I show the bouncer my fake student ID and he keeos it will it be a criminal offence? In the UK the penalty is up to 5000£ I think for fake ID

It's highly unlikely anything like that would happen. He won't know whether it's a real or fake student ID as there isn't any sort of universal design, let alone for one from another country. You'll just get told to go away for not having a passport or driving license with you.
Reply 3
Original post by jameswhughes
Student ID isn't accepted for clubs, you won't be getting in.

Thanks for your quick answer. But if I show the bouncer my fake student ID and he keeos it will it be a criminal offence? In the UK the penalty is up to 5000£ I think for fake ID
Reply 4
You know the easiest thing to do here?

Grow up. Then you can enter legally.

Quick Reply

Latest