The Student Room Group

Got horrible grades first semester.

Hi, my grades and attendance are terrible. I'm getting around 40-50 % on most of the assignments, my attendance is 40%. I don't know what to do, I want to quit University but like the course. I leave every assignment late, and for the group assignments I didn't bother turning up for the first month. Would it be better to retake the year or try and continue on, I am in second year. I am really ill. Indeed, many of my family members suffer with depression. I have also been diagnosed for tons of learning difficulties I did not know existed like dyspraxia, which many of my cousins also have. I have been trying to get tested for a few things through the GP but they seem to think that I am drug seeking.

If I provided proof for going to the GP and trying out many different SSRIs (none of them work) and also getting diagnosed privately with a ton of different learning difficulties would that help my case for re sitting the year.

Honestly, who cares. I know I'm not lazy, but the world doesn't care about your sob story. I only want to do the best, not leave with a mere pass.

I am stuck, and don't know what to do.
Original post by sunsetsaturday
Hi, my grades and attendance are terrible. I'm getting around 40-50 % on most of the assignments, my attendance is 40%. I don't know what to do, I want to quit University but like the course. I leave every assignment late, and for the group assignments I didn't bother turning up for the first month. Would it be better to retake the year or try and continue on, I am in second year. I am really ill. Indeed, many of my family members suffer with depression. I have also been diagnosed for tons of learning difficulties I did not know existed like dyspraxia, which many of my cousins also have. I have been trying to get tested for a few things through the GP but they seem to think that I am drug seeking.

If I provided proof for going to the GP and trying out many different SSRIs (none of them work) and also getting diagnosed privately with a ton of different learning difficulties would that help my case for re sitting the year.

Honestly, who cares. I know I'm not lazy, but the world doesn't care about your sob story. I only want to do the best, not leave with a mere pass.

I am stuck, and don't know what to do.

have you applied for dsa and spoken to student support?
Original post by claireestelle
have you applied for dsa and spoken to student support?

Yes. But my grades for the first semester are around 40-50 which is the problem.

Quick Reply

Latest