The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster entrance exams 2019

What exams are people taking for Harris westminster's 2019 entrance exams and how are you preparing for it?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Politics and music...
For politics I've just been watching videos on current affairs and trying to update my knowledge about recent events and for music I haven't really revised because most of it is just basic theory
Reply 2
Nice! Well, good luck for tomorrow. Do you know how many people have apllied? I've heard that there are more than 2000 applicants... :frown:
Original post by Zodzod
What exams are people taking for Harris westminster's 2019 entrance exams and how are you preparing for it?

im doing maths and english lit i havent revised at all :frown: gonna do an all nighter
Original post by Zodzod

Philosophy and Drama. Just watching loads of crash course videos about philosophy and ethics. Went over a few RE notes and I haven't really prepared for Drama at all :smile:) I feel so inadequate I'm probs going to fail everything. Does anybody know where I can find what they had for exams last year for these two?
Reply 5
Original post by Mike_M202
Philosophy and Drama. Just watching loads of crash course videos about philosophy and ethics. Went over a few RE notes and I haven't really prepared for Drama at all :smile:) I feel so inadequate I'm probs going to fail everything. Does anybody know where I can find what they had for exams last year for these two?

Yes, it is on the school website: https://www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/57/entrance-examinations
Reply 6
Original post by Amari_113
im doing maths and english lit i havent revised at all :frown: gonna do an all nighter

Did you do the 2017 past paper? If so, how did you find it?

Oh, I thought there would have been one more other than that from 2017. I've done the 2017 papers.
Quite nervous to be honest but I think It'll be fun. How is everyone feeling?
I am afraid I won't be able to talk to anyone because of anxiety
Reply 8
Oh, I thought there would have been one more other than that from 2017. I've done the 2017 papers.
Quite nervous to be honest but I think It'll be fun. How is everyone feeling?
I am afraid I won't be able to talk to anyone because of anxiety

I'm feeling nervous too, to be honest! Currently doing some last minute revision.

It's normal to be a little anxious, but if you are feeling too pressured, you need to stop thinking about it and start thinking about something else. :smile:
Oh, and make sure you get a good night's sleep.
Reply 9
Original post by Zodzod
Nice! Well, good luck for tomorrow. Do you know how many people have apllied? I've heard that there are more than 2000 applicants... :frown:

I’m not sure.... all I know is that there’s more and more every year! Kinda daunting...
Reply 10

Drama is at westminster, right? I’m doing music and I was wondering if we would have to do some kind of audition at some point? Do you know?
Original post by maya.js
Drama is at westminster, right? I’m doing music and I was wondering if we would have to do some kind of audition at some point? Do you know?

Yes, and I suppose not but I'm not sure.I think that might only be the case if you chose it for interview because I've heard it's structured like an audition but don't take my word for it...
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Hey guys! How did you find the tests?
Original post by Zodzod
Hey guys! How did you find the test

Maths was quite hard, literally never come across those sorts of questions anywhere. German was pretty easy, how did you find them?? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Tigerrr25
Maths was quite hard, literally never come across those sorts of questions anywhere. German was pretty easy, how did you find them?? :smile:

Yeah, History was easy, but maths was quite hard. Were you able to do the last question for maths?
Original post by Zodzod
Yeah, History was easy, but maths was quite hard. Were you able to do the last question for maths?

LMAO, yes but not enough time to get the actual answer literally did estimation and got 80 % ,haha, some questions on the maths paper where straight forward, for the quadratic fractions did you get n = 3?? :smile:)
Reply 16
Original post by Tigerrr25
LMAO, yes but not enough time to get the actual answer literally did estimation and got 80 % ,haha, some questions on the maths paper where straight forward, for the quadratic fractions did you get n = 3?? :smile:)

Yes the answer was n=3, n=-3
Original post by Zodzod
Yes the answer was n=3, n=-3

sweet
Reply 18
What did you get for the probability of the colours question
Original post by Zodzod
What did you get for the probability of the colours question

21 over 90 i beleive

Quick Reply

Latest