The Student Room Group

I’m a fat **** and I’d love to lose weight...thanks for ur help

My New Years resolution is to lose weight and be atleast 50KG. I’m 75KG (5’6). Would I be able to do that in 3 months? I’m not planning on going gym coz I’m poor lool and an insecure weirdo but would it be possible by dieting?

Scroll to see replies

just a sensible diet and moderate exercise will help you to reach your goal. 20 minutes of walking outdoors each day will work wonders.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
just a sensible diet and moderate exercise will help you to reach your goal. 20 minutes of walking outdoors each day will work wonders.

Really? I’ll probably starting walking to and back from uni xx thank you
Reply 3
“Going gym” is not a phrase that sounds right, I’m so sick of seeing it.

Eating a more balanced diet and doing intermittent fasting will help. Even if I eat a lot of chocolate and biscuits I can keep a steady weight by doing the 18:6 diet. If you reduce your amount of calories consumed and only eat in that window you should see a difference.
Reply 4
I keep saying that to myself every time I see it written, basically scream inwardly “Gym isn’t a verb!”
Reply 5
If you really are determined to lose a lot of weight very quickly then at least supplement for nutrition if you cut down too much.

Still don’t try forcing it off faster than it should go though, as long as you make progress you can keep motivated and spend time letting it happen without causing cravings or causing other effects.
Reply 6
Original post by Bio 7
“Going gym” is not a phrase that sounds right, I’m so sick of seeing it.

Eating a more balanced diet and doing intermittent fasting will help. Even if I eat a lot of chocolate and biscuits I can keep a steady weight by doing the 18:6 diet. If you reduce your amount of calories consumed and only eat in that window you should see a difference.

How many times do I eat in a day lool?
Reply 7
Original post by Bio 7
If you really are determined to lose a lot of weight very quickly then at least supplement for nutrition if you cut down too much.

Still don’t try forcing it off faster than it should go though, as long as you make progress you can keep motivated and spend time letting it happen without causing cravings or causing other effects.

How do I stop cravings?
Reply 8
1kg only 😭😭i might give up
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
How many times do I eat in a day lool?

You eat what you need to in a 6 hour window so that your body can digest the food and burn up the energy, rather than eating throughout the day.

The myth about breakfast being vital is just that, a myth.
Reply 10
How do I stop cravings?

I will let you know if I ever work that out.
Original post by Bio 7
You eat what you need to in a 6 hour window so that your body can digest the food and burn up the energy, rather than eating throughout the day.

The myth about breakfast being vital is just that, a myth.

I heard I could start eating at around 12pm and stop at around 8pm so my body could be able to digest it..is that a great plan?
Reply 12
I heard I could start eating at around 12pm and stop at around 8pm so my body could be able to digest it..is that a great plan?

If that’s the window you want then yes. If you do most of your eating when you’re still active then you’d be using up energy as you get it from the food rather than let it be stored up as fat if you eat more than you need.

Working out the number of calories you need to maintain your weight then decreasing by maybe 600 and eating it within that time window will let you lose weight well. Also adding in even a small amount of exercise will help a bit.
My New Years resolution is to lose weight and be atleast 50KG. I’m 75KG (5’6). Would I be able to do that in 3 months? I’m not planning on going gym coz I’m poor lool and an insecure weirdo but would it be possible by dieting?

i'm a similar weight and height to you. You don't need to get down to 50kg! you would look great at 60kg ish (give or take a few kgs)
Reply 14
Losing 25+ kg in 3 MONTHS isn't the most achievable goal...
Oh okay. Thank you for the information it helped a lot!!x
Original post by pleasereplylol
i'm a similar weight and height to you. You don't need to get down to 50kg! you would look great at 60kg ish (give or take a few kgs)

I feel like 60kg won't make much of a different (that's if I even lose a kilo lol) university can help me lose weight right?
Original post by Aazaa_
Losing 25+ kg in 3 MONTHS isn't the most achievable goal...

Really? I though it's possible coz I saw a lot of people in youtube lose like 10kg a week lool
Original post by Bio 7
If that’s the window you want then yes. If you do most of your eating when you’re still active then you’d be using up energy as you get it from the food rather than let it be stored up as fat if you eat more than you need.

Working out the number of calories you need to maintain your weight then decreasing by maybe 600 and eating it within that time window will let you lose weight well. Also adding in even a small amount of exercise will help a bit.

I could see myself obsessively counting how many calories im eating if I get the hang of it lol
How did you do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending