The Student Room Group

I need desperate help and advice 😭

In year 10 I had an extreme family tradigy which the school didn’t give me any support for and we’re basically telling me to get on with it and my grades went from 6’s to 3/4’s and so has my motivation I am trying so hard I just really want to pass all my gcses I’m not trying to look for attention or for people to be sypathetic to me. My school are very useless and haven’t given me any support what so ever they only cara about the students who are getting 7/9’s at the moment I am very capable of achieveing those grades. In my most recent geography mock I got a 9 on paper 1 but on paper 2 I got a 5 :frown: which I wasn’t that happy with but it wa super hard. I have like 16 weeks left till my first computer science exam and i am so scared all I want to do is pass my gcses, and I’m looking for some help to ensure I pass everything with just some 4/5’s thank you
Original post by Fruitsaladyummy
In year 10 I had an extreme family tradigy which the school didn’t give me any support for and we’re basically telling me to get on with it and my grades went from 6’s to 3/4’s and so has my motivation I am trying so hard I just really want to pass all my gcses I’m not trying to look for attention or for people to be sypathetic to me. My school are very useless and haven’t given me any support what so ever they only cara about the students who are getting 7/9’s at the moment I am very capable of achieveing those grades. In my most recent geography mock I got a 9 on paper 1 but on paper 2 I got a 5 :frown: which I wasn’t that happy with but it wa super hard. I have like 16 weeks left till my first computer science exam and i am so scared all I want to do is pass my gcses, and I’m looking for some help to ensure I pass everything with just some 4/5’s thank you

Are you now year 11?
If you were year 10 you could ask to resit the year?
Your parents or whoever your guardian is could have a meeting with the school and complain about the lack of support.
You could drop out and see if another school will take you next year?
Do you have a social worker?

You can do a lot in 16 weeks.

1. Use revision books to get through the material.
2. Use workbooks to make sure you can start to apply information.
3. Practice exams and get them marked again and again.
4. Use a timetable and work consistently.
5. Use YouTube and Seneca as additional means of learning.
Achieving 9,8,7 and 6s can be achieved by any student- you are smart do not let your school bring you down. You have 16 weeks by being committed and working hard you can hopefully received the high grades you truly deserve. Some schools are not friendly or understanding about other students personal situations at home which is truly horrible because schools are meant to be a supporting and welcoming environment for all. You can revise using a range of techniques such as ; doing mind maps or spider-diagrams for each subject, write quotes or facts on sticky notes and stick on your bedroom wall so you can see it everyday and you can remember them, watch YouTube videos , do practice papers and look at the mark scheme online. Honestly you are amazing the fact you a achieved a 9 on a geography paper - one of the hardest gcse subject- is mind blowing - just stay committed/ work hard and most vitally believe in yourself you can do this . In order to grow as a person one of the first thing to do is to show self love and respect for yourself. I hope you do really well we are all behind you - you got this
Original post by 999tigger
Are you now year 11?
If you were year 10 you could ask to resit the year?
Your parents or whoever your guardian is could have a meeting with the school and complain about the lack of support.
You could drop out and see if another school will take you next year?
Do you have a social worker?

You can do a lot in 16 weeks.

1. Use revision books to get through the material.
2. Use workbooks to make sure you can start to apply information.
3. Practice exams and get them marked again and again.
4. Use a timetable and work consistently.
5. Use YouTube and Seneca as additional means of learning.

Thank you so much! My mum was in contact with the school but they didn’t really put any support in place for me in year 10 when things went down hill. She was asking to a letter to be written to the examination board but they told her it’s too late now. But thankfully i have a good biology teacher who is helping me a lot she is the only one who really cares. But thank you for the advice it means a lot to me! I passed all my mocks but I want to aim much higher but if I end up just getting 5’s I’ll be very happy
Original post by Student200112
Achieving 9,8,7 and 6s can be achieved by any student- you are smart do not let your school bring you down. You have 16 weeks by being committed and working hard you can hopefully received the high grades you truly deserve. Some schools are not friendly or understanding about other students personal situations at home which is truly horrible because schools are meant to be a supporting and welcoming environment for all. You can revise using a range of techniques such as ; doing mind maps or spider-diagrams for each subject, write quotes or facts on sticky notes and stick on your bedroom wall so you can see it everyday and you can remember them, watch YouTube videos , do practice papers and look at the mark scheme online. Honestly you are amazing the fact you a achieved a 9 on a geography paper - one of the hardest gcse subject- is mind blowing - just stay committed/ work hard and most vitally believe in yourself you can do this . In order to grow as a person one of the first thing to do is to show self love and respect for yourself. I hope you do really well we are all behind you - you got this

Thank you so much for the advice :smile: and revsion tips I’m gonna try out those. I just really hope I pass everything and then hopefully go to a good sixth form, that actually has caring teachers. I just hope I atleast pass everything I will be happy with all 5’s tbh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest