The Student Room Group

Sixth formers, how many hours a day do you study?

I know it's about quality and not quantity but I mean how many quality hours :biggrin: It can also vary for subjects too

Mine is around 2/3 hours, is that suffice?
2/3 too
Reply 2
Original post by victoriu
2/3 too

Is it enough for you? Do you see results you're looking for?
Original post by Klarity
Is it enough for you? Do you see results you're looking for?

tbh I guess so
Reply 4
In Upper Sixth, mocks are next week and i've done absolutely no revision. Might watch some cheeky youtube revison vids whilst im on my way to college though.
Reply 5
Depends on the week. I usually pick up most of the stuff in class, so my usual revision is less than an hour per week. If I have an exam coming up, its 1/2 hours.
Reply 6
Woah
I thought the general idea out there is 3 to 5 hours or so
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
That amount is the average of how much time students spend on revision. It would be tedious to consult every student on how much revision they can do, so they usually throw a number that everyone is expected to cope with. For instance, I can't revise for more than an hour daily, because I simply get bored. It may sound stupid, but my total revision before the AS exams was something around 10 hours, and I ended up with an A and 2 Bs.
Reply 8
Original post by Stebe
That amount is the average of how much time students spend on revision. It would be tedious to consult every student on how much revision they can do, so they usually throw a number that everyone is expected to cope with. For instance, I can't revise for more than an hour daily, because I simply get bored. It may sound stupid, but my total revision before the AS exams was something around 10 hours, and I ended up with an A and 2 Bs.

I just wanted to know what is the case for other people and what did it lead them too. I hear my teachers saying stuff about idependent research and studying time which can ultimately add up to many hours during the day (maybe 6/7). I can't lie also as I am afraid that I am not doing enough. idk if I should do more or it's alright, cause also I hear other students saying "oh you're a sixth former you should be studying minimum 5 hours each day"
About 4-5 hours. I usually study for 2 hours after school and another 2 or 3 after dinner. If I get a lot of homework or have a quiz coming up then I study more.
Reply 10
In my case (equivalent in France), I'll usually never study more than 4 or 5 hours a day because I can't cope with more (getting home at 6 is hard enough), but I'll rarely spend less than 2-3 hours as this how much I require to properly do requested research/homework/revision. It all depends on what results you are aiming for, what school you attend, what teachers expect from you and really on how efficient you are yourself. I know many people that require hours to assimilate a notion that someone else would in 20 minutes..
Reply 11
Thanks for the feedback everybody
Original post by AnTerZz
It all depends on what results you are aiming for, what school you attend, what teachers expect from you and really on how efficient you are yourself.

precisely

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending