The Student Room Group

Good places to meet&date a classy/elegant woman?

Hello everyone,

As I'm currently studying in an all-boys sixth form, dating has proven to be quite difficult. I've absolutely dated in town before, but it's always been relatively short-term and I did not feel we truly connected. Online dating is not a good option for me; I've done it but it doesn't feel real at all. I'd love to start a serious relationship with someone with these attributes:

-No 'clubbing' e.g. doesn't smoke/do drugs/only drinks w/ moderation.
-No hipster/frat/artsy/trendy/etc - Just simple,stylish, and elegant, who owns a lot of dresses.
-Fakeness: Plastic surgery and excessive use of warpaint (makeup) are huge turnoffs.
-Good moral foundation.
-Good sense of dress and manners; well brought-up.
-Educated
-Interest in culture, philosophy, politics (?), etc.

I don't really care about the money or in fact appearance. Just really wanting someone mature who shares my interests; I'm not trying to be a snob.

Thanks <3
I guess we match!
Lmao xD

well, idk what to say dude. maybe just have some patience and the right person will come along lol
Hate to break it to you but you come off very snobby, you clearly don't have it going for you as your looking for advice here. Maybe lower your standards or give the females a reason to like you. Based on first impressions I'd say your a bit of a ****.
University is a great place to meet such women. As long as you avoid Loughborough :wink:

Study to the best of your abilities and you will find youself on a University Campus within 21 months. Surrounded by the sort of women you are dreaming of.

You may have to relax your stance on them having to have lots of dresses, as they will be students, without a lot of money for clothes. In return they won't expect you to own lots of suits. Which I think is a fair enough trade in compromises.
Lower your standard a bit. You're not getting married
nando's
pret
The 1950's.
Original post by nabilahhh
Lower your standard a bit. You're not getting married
But then again, what's the point of getting involved with someone if you wouldn't marry them if the time and circumstances were right?

Get into a relationship with the first person to come along that will have you and who is not the sort of person that you'd marry and the grass in your back-yard will be looking brown, whilst the grass on the other side of the fence will be a vibrant green.

Quality over quantity.

Having said that, I would expect the OP to modify his criteria as he gains experience and wisdom.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
But then again, what's the point of getting involved with someone if you wouldn't marry them if the time and circumstances were right?

Get into a relationship with the first person to come along that will have you and who is not the sort of person that you'd marry and the grass in your back-yard will be looking brown, whilst the grass on the other side of the fence will be a vibrant green.

Quality over quantity.

Having said that, I would expect the OP to modify his criteria as he gains experience and wisdom.

It's not for sure but if you do marry them is not really about how classy the person is but about the personality.
Why on Earth should the OP lower their standards? They sound perfectly reasonable to me. Barring the fact that I'd be looking for a boy, the only thing I'd add would be a love for nature. Lower their standard, honestly...
Reply 12
I have no idea.
Original post by Kinyonga
Why on Earth should the OP lower their standards? They sound perfectly reasonable to me. Barring the fact that I'd be looking for a boy, the only thing I'd add would be a love for nature. Lower their standard, honestly...

So he doesn't get his heart broken x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending