The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster entrance exams 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zodzod
What did you get for the probability of the colours question

what did you get???
did anyone do the Chemistry paper? If so, how did you find it?
Reply 22
Original post by Tigerrr25
what did you get???

Dont remember exactly but did 3/10*7/9+7/10*3/9
geography was surprisingly okay but biology was a killer and it is true time is key. I personally felt the time was too short. those who did bio how was it
I did the further maths exam but I know some questions were on the maths exam as well, did anyone manage to do the question about the surds? (is root 72 greater than 7 over something) I think I did okay but I doubt I'll get marks for that question, surds always throw me off.

Oh god just realised after reading this thread that I made some silly mistakes in my exam.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by SomeoneSjsjjs
I did the further maths exam but I know some questions were on the maths exam as well, did anyone manage to do the question about the surds? (is root 72 greater than 7 over something) I think I did okay but I doubt I'll get marks for that question, surds always throw me off.

Oh god just realised after reading this thread that I made some silly mistakes in my exam.

Same, after the exam I noticed that I made a stupid mistake on the graphs question. :frown: Hopefully, I'll get marks for working.
Reply 26
How did everyone do? I think most people have gotten their letters by now. Does anyone know what the maximum score was?
Original post by maya.js
How did everyone do? I think most people have gotten their letters by now. Does anyone know what the maximum score was

what did u get
Original post by maya.js
How did everyone do? I think most people have gotten their letters by now. Does anyone know what the maximum score was?

I think I did fine but I don’t know the maximum score or how the score is actually calculated
Reply 29
Original post by maya.js

No idea the maximum but I got 448 and I'm really glad! How did everyone else do? :smile:
Original post by ribbby
No idea the maximum but I got 448 and I'm really glad! How did everyone else do? :smile:

i did soooo bad in english and maths and somehow got through with 436 lol
Reply 31
Maximum score is 540
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 32
I got 452
Reply 33
Original post by Sheaw
Maximum score is 500

That can't be right, I got 516. I know the minimum is 377.
Reply 34
I got 493
I think I saw a thread from last year that said it was out of 540. Not sure if it’s the same for this year though
Reply 36
I got 456 doing Further Maths and Physics
Hi! I wrote a lot for English [which I wasn't worried about] but due to my ineptitude with quantitative methods I took such a long time on chemistry questions [usually my best subject] that I didn't finish all the paper...I got 417, which I'm pleased about as I'm very self critical and was worried. I was almost scared they gave me the wrong result, but knowing now what it was out of and what most of you have, it makes sense and seems alright as an average; not disproportionately high! I had no idea what number it was out of and was so confused.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 38
My mistake my source must be wrong, has to be 540 as @eggsandcows said. Either that or you broke the system lol

(Original post by stpnp)That can't be right, I got 516. I know the minimum is 377.
Original post by Sheaw
My mistake my source must be wrong, has to be 540 as @eggsandcows said. Either that or you broke the system lol

(Original post by stpnp)That can't be right, I got 516. I know the minimum is 377.

It's really such a confusing system. I wish they gave a sample marking scheme with their 2017 past paper. It would have gotten rid of this ambiguity, definitely. I'm just glad I know my 417 actually makes sense now.

Quick Reply

Latest