The Student Room Group

Can anyone crack this code?

I need help. Can anyone crack this code ?
znzarmt xsviib yolhhln xuuw

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Could you give some details as to how you've encountered this code, what do you expect the answer to be, what do you know about the person who wrote it etc.? Cracking a code can be very much like cracking a password, you crack the person not the password itself. Otherwise that can be literally anything
Reply 2

It's basically all of the letters in the alphabet shifted by a certain number e.g. number 3 means A -> D i.e. 3 letters down.

What that number is a can't be bothered to figure out, good luck with that.
Reply 3
Original post by Azeee

It's basically all of the letters in the alphabet shifted by a certain number e.g. number 3 means A -> D i.e. 3 letters down.

What that number is a can't be bothered to figure out, good luck with that.

not necessarily, that's why it kind of matters who wrote this code. If it's your average 10th grader for example then that would be a good assumption to make and all that's left is to try out a lot of combinations until a valid result comes up. Otherwise i don't know if it's worth the effort of doing that.
Reply 4
Original post by Chioru'
not necessarily, that's why it kind of matters who wrote this code. If it's your average 10th grader for example then that would be a good assumption to make and all that's left is to try out a lot of combinations until a valid result comes up. Otherwise i don't know if it's worth the effort of doing that.

Hint: it’s not worth it.
Original post by Azeee
Hint: it’s not worth it.

Then why do you care enough for someone to try and help you?

Edit: mb, thought you were the OP.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Azeee

If thats true then just put the code into any old 'caesar cipher decoder' online and u get it
If each letter is shifted by a different number, then its a vigenere (for which this message is too short to crack) or a one time pad, which is impossible to crack (unless you send 2 messages with the same encryption).
started well until the last word. I got "amazing cherry blossom cffd" following the atbash decoding
Original post by a_stressed_mess
started well until the last word. I got "amazing cherry blossom cffd" following the atbash decoding

nice
Reply 10
I’ve tried basically all types of ciphers to break it and it’s just not working also it’s not a caesar cipher. thank you to everyone who is trying to help me :smile:
Reply 11
Also it’s part of the second stage of cyber discovery program the challenges have been quite simple so far and I think this one is as well but I just can’t seem to figure out the code. The briefing for the challenge says that it might be a meet-up location.
Original post by Chioru'

I misread your username as @Cthulhu . There ends my interest in this thread.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
i worked it out using caesar's its amazing cherry blossom booty (pretty sure the last word should be 5 letters)

good game all
Reply 14
Oh thank you to a_stressed_mess and Acsel I got it
Glad I could help!
i think the last word could be coffee ?
Reply 17
If you knew anything about cracking codes you’d know that there is more than one way to do it. Pls don’t throw a hissy fit
oh yeah this was part of last years content too

Original post by Azeee
If you knew anything about cracking codes you’d know that there is more than one way to do it. Pls don’t throw a hissy fit

yeah, but a caesar is not an atbash.
you cannot call an orange an apple, because they are both fruit
theres a difference between a troll and what u did

Quick Reply

Latest