The Student Room Group

Guarantee for a graduate-level study (PhD/Master) in Oxbridge?

Is it any easier to secure a funded graduate study in Oxford/Cambridge if you’ve graduated from either place?
Given that one had achieved a First in a certain course.

..As an international student🌚
(edited 5 years ago)
Anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by Je5us
Is it any easier to secure a funded graduate study in Oxford/Cambridge if you’ve graduated from either place?
Given that one had achieved a First in a certain course.

..As an international student🌚

Are you asking if funding is always guaranteed? That would be a no. But it would also depend on the specific course too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Are you asking if funding is always guaranteed? That would be a no. But it would also depend on the specific course too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your response. What I actually meant is whether there is a preference for Oxbridge graduands, if they apply for a specific DPhil/PhD programme in either university.
Reply 4
Original post by Je5us
Thanks for your response. What I actually meant is whether there is a preference for Oxbridge graduands, if they apply for a specific DPhil/PhD programme in either university.

Plenty of graduates choose to do their postgrad at "the other place".
I’m currenty holding an offer to study biochemistry (an integrated master degree), and my family can only afford this course til completion, and that’s the end of it. I really want to do research and I’m pretty sure grad studies is important for this career path. So, I’m asking if anyone think I should give Oxford a go.. :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Je5us
I’m currenty holding an offer to study biochemistry (an integrated master degree), and my family can only afford this course until completion. I really want to do research and I’m pretty sure grad studies is important for this career path. So, I’m asking if anyone think I should give Oxford a go.

If you complete the MSci you don't normally do another masters, you would progress to a PhD/DPhil.

As to funding, you should probably check with the department.

Also check the postgraduate support forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
If you complete the MSci you don't normally do another masters, you would progress to a PhD/DPhil.

As to funding, you should probably check with the department.

Also check the postgraduate support

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your assistance.

Quick Reply

Latest