The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do the further maths paper and if so did you find it hard? I honestly think i did horribly and don't think I will get in but who knows? How was it you guys?
Reply 21
Original post by Divineabu
Did anyone do the further maths paper and if so did you find it hard? I honestly think i did horribly and don't think I will get in but who knows? How was it you guys?

I did the maths exam and it was pretty hard (I think I scored around 75 percent on the paper but since I did very well on history I should be ok). Have hope. Their expectations are not too high. Did you have the quadratic equation ( the one with fractions). If so what answer did you get?
Hey how did everyone find the exams
How did the find the biology and philosophy papers go
Original post by Ishaa12345
How did the find the biology and philosophy papers go

I did the philosophy paper and it was actually calm but i didn't get to finish my 10 mark question at the end.
Original post by Zodzod
I did the maths exam and it was pretty hard (I think I scored around 75 percent on the paper but since I did very well on history I should be ok). Have hope. Their expectations are not too high. Did you have the quadratic equation ( the one with fractions). If so what answer did you get?

No I don't think so but yh i found it really hard and wow 75%, i genuinely feel like i got at least 20% at the most. But what was on the history, really wanted to do the exam but I did philosophy instead.
I did the philosophy paper and it was actually calm but i didn't get to finish my 10 mark question at the end.

Yh it was fine wat did u write wen he said about why the guy shouldn’t be hanged
Reply 27
No I don't think so but yh i found it really hard and wow 75%, i genuinely feel like i got at least 20% at the most. But what was on the history, really wanted to do the exam but I did philosophy instead.

History was a source analysis question, with a 20 mark question
I didn't revise as I was under the assumption that they wanted to see our capabilities instead of what we actually know... however I'm unsure if I performed well enough ... I took English and Biology and both were alright, but I'm not sure ....it can go either way.... I think I over analyzed the poem for English and didn't coherntly express my point of view and I messed up the two 3 markers for biology (especially the last one).
Original post by Ishaa12345
Yh it was fine wat did u write wen he said about why the guy shouldn’t be hanged

Oh I said talked about how external factors had like his upbringing and his like lineage had caused him to be corrupt and how in which he proposes the idea of blamelessness. How no one is fully in the position, not even the judge himself, is fully in the respect of giving him a suitable punishment because no one is faultless and flawless. What did you write? I feel like i really enjoyed the first half of the philosophy paper, was really interesting. Also, what did you write for the statement question " Everyone should have to take responsibilities for their actions"?
Original post by Athenaxxx
I didn't revise as I was under the assumption that they wanted to see our capabilities instead of what we actually know... however I'm unsure if I performed well enough ... I took English and Biology and both were alright, but I'm not sure ....it can go either way.... I think I over analyzed the poem for English and didn't coherntly express my point of view and I messed up the two 3 markers for biology (especially the last one).

Yeah i honestly had no time to revise as i have my mocks in like 3 weeks and gcse art is actually taking over my life. I actually don't think i'll get in but good luck though I'm sure you will probably get i as long as they see you are capable.
Oh I said talked about how external factors had like his upbringing and his like lineage had caused him to be corrupt and how in which he proposes the idea of blamelessness. How no one is fully in the position, not even the judge himself, is fully in the respect of giving him a suitable punishment because no one is faultless and flawless. What did you write? I feel like i really enjoyed the first half of the philosophy paper, was really interesting. Also, what did you write for the statement question " Everyone should have to take responsibilities for their actions"?

Yh I wrote that it runs in his family he cant help it and that if he had been understood before he could have been helped etc

for that hat question I wrote that’s he was saying that no one is responsible for their actions and stuff like that

wat did u write in the last question
Yeah i honestly had no time to revise as i have my mocks in like 3 weeks and gcse art is actually taking over my life. I actually don't think i'll get in but good luck though I'm sure you will probably get i as long as they see you are capable.

Yh you know on the biology paper I missed a few questions as I didn’t have time and wat did u get on the maths question also wat did u write on the graph question wen it had something like did the data support this on the animal question
Reply 33
Original post by Zodzod

i think i did alright in English Litearture but i didngt get to completely finish History Question 2 but question 1 was okay.I wish i had more time or that i was even able to see the clock i dont think i got in :frown:
Reply 34
Original post by Zara37
i think i did alright in English Litearture but i didngt get to completely finish History Question 2 but question 1 was okay.I wish i had more time or that i was even able to see the clock i dont think i got in :frown:

How much did you write for question 1 and how much for question 2?
Reply 35
Original post by Zodzod
How much did you write for question 1 and how much for question 2?

i filled all the sheet for question 1 and almost all the provided sheet for question 2 but my structure for thatw asnt the best and i dint qrite a big conclusion.How about you?
Reply 36
Original post by Zara37
i filled all the sheet for question 1 and almost all the provided sheet for question 2 but my structure for thatw asnt the best and i dint qrite a big conclusion.How about you?

I needed more paper for question 1 😁. When I finished the second question I just started the last page provided (so 2 pages). For the second question I wrote 2 large paragraphs with a conclusion.
Reply 37
Original post by Zodzod
I needed more paper for question 1 😁. When I finished the second question I just started the last page provided (so 2 pages). For the second question I wrote 2 large paragraphs with a conclusion.

i think qustion was really good but i dont knwo how well i did for question 2 but i always underestimate myself anyway
Reply 38
Original post by Zara37
i think qustion was really good but i dont knwo how well i did for question 2 but i always underestimate myself anyway

What points did you make for question 2?
Reply 39
Original post by Zodzod
What points did you make for question 2?

i wrote about how because Gregory lived in an area where the ancestore of the king (Forgot his name) ruled it would be more useful then someone who didnt live there becasue he may have experienced their tendencies and behaviour but on the other hand how he may have exaggerrated or spread false information in order to portray them in a bad light because he may have been mistreated.I also talked wrote about how he wrote it 90 years later so information may be innacurate (obviously expanded on that).How about you?

Latest