The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

What's the student consensus like?

I hold an unconditional offer for Aston and will be attending in Sep 2019. What's the student population like? Is it 'chavvy'?
Original post by dinodash99
I hold an unconditional offer for Aston and will be attending in Sep 2019. What's the student population like? Is it 'chavvy'?

I wouldn't say it's 'chavvy' at all.

Aston has a very multicultural population, depending on where in the country you're from, this might seem noticeable to you- or not at all.

A nice blend of people from all over the world attend Aston, so you're guaranteed to meet lots of different types of people.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by LaurenceC
I wouldn't say it's 'chavvy' at all.

Aston has a very multicultural population, depending on where in the country you're from, this might seem noticeable to you- or not at all.

A nice blend of people from all over the world attend Aston, so you're guaranteed to meet lots of different types of people.

I see, that's good to know. After visiting some local uni's, I was hoping Aston wouldn't end up in the same boat as them so this is good news.

I'm guessing you go to Aston? My friend goes to Birmingham and apparently there is a few conflict/clashes at night (clubs) between UoB and B.City students? Would Aston be the same? Just worried about safety/
I see, that's good to know. After visiting some local uni's, I was hoping Aston wouldn't end up in the same boat as them so this is good news.

I'm guessing you go to Aston? My friend goes to Birmingham and apparently there is a few conflict/clashes at night (clubs) between UoB and B.City students? Would Aston be the same? Just worried about safety/

Yes I'm 2nd year at Aston.

I've honestly never experienced any of that on nights out, wouldn't know about the other unis however.
Anyone else have any views on what the student population is like? Does it have the same ‘chavvy’ reputation like NTU and/or London Met?
Reply 5
Anyone else have any views on what the student population is like? Does it have the same ‘chavvy’ reputation like NTU and/or London Met?

I'm a final year at Aston and can confirm that it's definitely not chavvy. There are a lot of middle class kids and rich international students.
Original post by huiser
I'm a final year at Aston and can confirm that it's definitely not chavvy. There are a lot of middle class kids and rich international students.

Ah I see. When I went to the open day at BCU. I got quite a different vibe :/
The population is about half white and half other races if that helps
Original post by huiser

It's filled with Asians roadman...
Original post by Anonymous

What..no please explain. I hope this is some joke? If it is anything like you say it is I might withdraw my place and go elsewhere. I honestly don't want to be dealing with them type of people. Genuinely.
wtf i thought this was a decent uni............ :frown:
What..no please explain. I hope this is some joke? If it is anything like you say it is I might withdraw my place and go elsewhere. I honestly don't want to be dealing with them type of people. Genuinely.
wtf i thought this was a decent uni............ :frown:

Half the student population is of Asian heritage
Asians are smart and mostly middle class...implies it's a decent uni tbf. Also to compare Aston with the likes of BCU and London Met is an insult
Original post by paul514
Half the student population is of Asian heritage
Asians are smart and mostly middle class...implies it's a decent uni tbf. Also to compare Aston with the likes of BCU and London Met is an insult

Well I didn’t do that, it’s an ok uni nothing special but not a bad uni at all
As long as it isn’t ‘roadmen’ or any of them ASBO people then I’m fine tbh.
Join this brand new group for nightlife/events in Birmingham for freshers!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/2294060010817515/?ref=group_browse

is it really? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest